Winter Midge Fly Swap

Eunan, those look really nice.

I'm about 1/2 done with my buzzers. Somehow I bent the very tip of the jaw on my vise last week; and it's just enough to make tying these little guys a pain. Hoping to finish up by the end of the week regardless.

I got Hall0whill's flies yesterday and they look amazing. This is turning out to be a damn good swap so far.

Any chance of getting pics and material list posted? If it's not too much of a pita,since these are proven flies by the tyers here in Pa. I'd love to see em. I've never really fooled with midges and I'm now starting to wonder what I'm missing.

Mine will be in the mail today.

lv2nymph wrote:
Any chance of getting pics and material list posted? If it's not too much of a pita,since these are proven flies by the tyers here in Pa. I'd love to see em. I've never really fooled with midges and I'm now starting to wonder what I'm missing.

I'll leave the materials up to the tyers, but I can post pics once all are received.

Cool, appreciate it. Dub.

Here is my material list:

hook: your choice of scud hook
body: Black thread
ribbing: gold wire
thorax: synthedic peacock dubbing
wing: poly yard
head: black thread

i didn't really get a good pic of them before i handed them in. So i wil leave that to dub if he wants to post pics.

Al's Rat material list as tied

Hook: Tiemco TMC 100 size 24
Thread: Danville 6/0 brown
Body: Thread
Thorax: Natural muskrat underfur dubbing (picked right off the hide)

Mine:

Thread-Orvis White 8/0
Hook-Size 22 Emerger Hook
Head-Spirit River Glass Midge Bead
Body/Ribbing-Performance Flies Lilac wire
Thorax-Hends Purple UV Dubbing
I tested them and they do catch fish. Just be careful if you nick a rock on your back cast. Those tiny glass beads will break pretty quick.

Hey great, thanks guys. I wanted to get in this swap but obviously I don't have a midge I personally know that works.

My pattern is a chartreuse version of the brass *** buzzer and they'll be in the mail tomorrow. Looked better until I used the macro mode on my camera....ha!

Hook: TMC 2487 sz. 20
Thread: Black Uni 8/0
Abdomen: Chartreuse ultra wire xs
Wing buds- Gold holographic flashabou
Loon UV epoxy to finish

buzzer.jpg

Sorry guys I am going to have to withdraw and give my spot to one of the alternates . My tying area which is also my basement is having a water problem. So I don't have anytime to tie until I fix it.

FlyfishermanJ, you want in now?

Frederick..sorry to hear that.

Dub, let me know if spot is open. I can help.

If I dont hear back from flyfishermanj by today, you're in. I'll let you know. Where you been? Havent seen you fishing in ages.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Will tie an olive crystal dip this weekend.

JH

FFJ, you're in! GRP, I think I got yours today's. Al's rats on a foam pad?

I too would like to participate. Let me know if I am in.

Gene
geneflyfish@gmail.com

I thought that I had posted that I would like to join in but do not see my reply. If there is a slot I would like to participate.

let me know.

geneflyfish@gmail/com

dubthethorax wrote:
FFJ, you're in! GRP, I think I got yours today's. Al's rats on a foam pad?

Correct. I realized after I had sent it that I forgot to put my name on the box. Sorry. Also, sorry if the return envelope is a little mangled. I had everything together and sealed up to mail to you when I realized I did it reverse and was going to mail my flies to myself. Not the first time I have done that.

Back