Wild Trout Summit- Aug 26th

I agree with virtually everything you said.
I suppose in this case my talking point is off topic.
I mainly would like to see stocked special reg expansion.

Spot on about Roaring Brook by the way.
That said TT regs on wild waters is a waste of time as they are currently set up.

Tully below Myerstown re: special reg for stocked trout
-poor parking which could lead landowners to not like the extended activity at those sites that occurs with a DH Area, for example.
-limited alternative stocked trout fisheries in Lebanon Co. Would not be the best idea to "take" an existing one from conventional anglers.
-there is already a special reg area relatively close by...the Quitty

Mike,

Maybe still considered still in myerstown but there is a quarry you guys stock right next to the ATW with a very large parking lot

So you mean to tell me you can't have 2 special reg areas in Lebanon?
I thought an overwhelming number of anglers expressed the wish of expanded special reg areas through your surveys.
I thought you yourself in this forum mentioned the Tully as a good candidate for a special reg area.
Am I missing something here?

My impression was that vague references to more special reg water on the Tully pertained to the Berks section somewhere above Blue Marsh.

This is my last response to this because I don't want to derail the thread any further but I'm really baffled by this.

That section of the upper Tully has Jackson Park, the park at 501 and the quarry area that all have large lots. Those sections are used heavily in the early season and see nominal pressure during the late spring into summer and tapering off. An overwhelming number of anglers desire more special regulation areas and this area wasn't stocked from the early 80's until 2012/13. Now it is because of the sink hole repairs and you also suspect fish can holdover. I know they can based on my experiences this year but it could be way better with DH. I question if it should have ever been handed over to conventional anglers rather than just become a DH area. DH areas are very popular with anglers of all methods besides bait. It is one of the few programs besides All tackle C&R that bridges the gap between anglers. We all want more yet the fall stockings were cut on many because of "low usage", yet they are one of the most popular programs and utilized regulated stream sections next to the popular central pa streams.

All that said, you are the AFM and make decisions that you see as best. Iam just an angler and my opinion is just that. This area of PA sure could use a few more, people want them and this one is prime.
Even still, I am not a scientist like I said and this situation must be far more complex than my understanding, all I can do is scratch my head.

Please give us report from this event with pics :)

Attachments

• wild brook pa.jpg
    wild brook pa.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 3
Wish I could be there but I have to work

If you look at the full agenda you see that time scheduled for questions and discussion is only 40 minutes.

In addition they are preselecting the questions prior to the summit.
No questions will be accepted from the "floor".

Doesn't sound like there will be much discussion just propaganda on how much they value wild trout and then do nothing.

Never the less I will be there.

100% agree with sal having the upper Tully Dh.

The location has been changed. It will be at:

Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, located at 540 North Harrison Road, Pleasant Gap, Pa. 16823.

I was curious if anybody was able to attend the wlld trout summit, and how it went? Good attendance?

wildtrout2 wrote:
I was curious if anybody was able to attend the wlld trout summit, and how it went? Good attendance?

There is a thread about the Wild Trout Summit started by Mike in the General Forum here.

Back