Winged Wet Fly

Tail - Brown
Body - Dark claret floss
Hackle - Brown
Wing - Bittern light or light turkey

Reference

Trout - Ray Bergman
Forgotten Flies - Schmookler and Sils

how are you guys getting such clear photos of your small flys? cell phone or DSLR? i tried with my cellphone but every picture is blurry.

I just use my phone but I find I back it up and20220206 163849 focus from further away it works better. Of course you have to be more stable then too.20220206 14304020220129 122251

how are you guys getting such clear photos of your small flys? cell phone or DSLR? i tried with my cellphone but every picture is blurry.
I wish I could figure out how two get rid of the info bar on all my pictures.

Fill the frame. That way the camera will focus on the fly, rather than focusing on something either in the foreground or the background.

I use my IPhone for all of my photos of flies. Get a decent contrasting background (I generally use a neutral colored piece of craft paper), back off of the fly a bit, hold steady and tap the screen right on the fly to focus in on the fly, while holding steady snap the photo (that’s the challenging part for me). You can crop and edit it a bit in your photo gallery if needed before attaching it to your PAFF post.

here is what i wrote on my blog

i am not a professional photographer but i get decent results

From my iphone

Last edited:
Back