What Are You Tying Today?

Sat down tonight an tied a bunch of Blue Bottles (might try to sneak these in as a bonus fly to Kim's current fly swap - they meet the criteria and theme!)
I have to stop viewing this thread. It makes me want to tie more flies. Nice tie!

Snake River Fly pattern called the Bull Whip Worm . Thinking the gills and crappies will like it once the ice comes off .
I’m thinking the canal pickerel will like this as well. It’s on my let’s give it a try list.

Just killing time and getting some practice in.

Hook - 14
Thread - Black 12/0 Veevus
Tail - Moose body hair
Body - Moose main, one dark one light hit with a lime green sharpie
Wing - Mallard flank
Hackle - Med ginger

Img 8589
Img 8587

#20 Midge Larvae
Trial run w DMC Floss. Here, #301
2 strands Floss & 1 strand Purple Flash
When in the "water tank" they have very nice subtle vibrance .
My new collection of DMC Floss has grown from 2 to, now 7.
Looks like the DMC Floss road will b time well spent.
I am really gonna scare myself if / when I get some of those
HeavyDuty CardBoard " Floss bobbins"😱

Attachments

• PXL_20240306_114848596~2.jpg
    PXL_20240306_114848596~2.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 23
A couple of size 16 Palomino caddis patterns, in my favorite two flavors.
Two super nice caddis flies. What’s the body material on the bottom one. Is it foam colored with a sharpie?

Still raining, still messing around at the vise. I decided to add wally wings to a Hacklestacker to break the monotony. The thorax ended up a little bigger than I wanted, my order of tying the material in might have been out of sort and perhaps I should have tried on a larger hook first. Maybe I’ll cut this one off the hook and try another, maybe not.

Hook - 16
Thread - Black 12/0 Veevus
Tail - grizzly/brown hackle fibers
Body - Moose mane, one dark one light
Wing - Mallard flank
Post - Black span flex
Hackle - Grizzly
Thorax - black dubbing
Img 8599

I tried dying a snowshoe rabbit foot brown yesterday and it turned out gray. ?? Gray isn’t a bad color in any case so I decided to tie a wet fly with it.

I also plucked one of the Hungarian Partridge feathers from a skin that I hadn’t previously used for a collar on the fly.

I might trail one of those snowshoe wets behind a Parachute Adams to see which fly, if either, the trout prefer.

Image0

Image1

Last edited:
PXL 20240309 034330815

Wanted to go with a classic for my 1000th post.

I may lurk around elsewhere, but this is the only forum / social media where I actively participate. Ironic that I barely get the chance to fish PA anymore.

Thanks to all of you for everything I've learned over the years.

Back