What Are You Tying Today?

Here's another look at a small, sparse version. Very effective.

Attachments

• SS07-2.jpg
    SS07-2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 23
Playing around with one of my own “go to” carp patterns on a brand new hook. This one is tied on an Owner size 4 Mosquito hook. Seriously sharp and super strong hook, I’m just a bit concerned about the width of the gape, but can’t wait to give it a try out!

IMG 9713

Playing around with one of my own “go to” carp patterns on a brand new hook. This one is tied on an Owner size 4 Mosquito hook. Seriously sharp and super strong hook, I’m just a bit concerned about the width of the gape, but can’t wait to give it a try out!

View attachment 1641234815
I want to catch a carp on the fly this year!

Agreed, after the smallie jam, dc410 convinced me I'm missing out. I have big carp, very close. Must do.

Today it's Lively Legz Double Troubles in size #14. Tons of movement in these buggers. Absolute hammer of a fly. Tying a dozen today but probably ought to do an even bigger batch. This fly produces day in and day out.

Attachments

• IMG_20240313_170602613.jpg
    IMG_20240313_170602613.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240313_170638164.jpg
    IMG_20240313_170638164.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 41
Do you need to go to Pedigonia for Perdigons?

Sorry about the poor image quality!

Attachments

• Perdigons.jpg
    Perdigons.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 50
Sounds like a goal has been set. We’ll get a carpin’ thread for the upcoming season in motion very shortly. It’s supposed to be 68 degrees on Wednesday!
well it wasn't on a fly, and it wasn't in the mouth, but i managed to land two in the 25lb class this morning while fishing for shad in the Delaware. fishing with a noodle rod and 6lb mono. each fish took 5-10 minutes of down and dirty to land and were hooked in the top of the tail which apparently is good spot for the hook to stay buttoned. the tails were over 10" tip to tip. had a couple silver dollar sized scales from others on my darts too.

well it wasn't on a fly, and it wasn't in the mouth, but i managed to land two in the 25lb class this morning while fishing for shad in the Delaware. fishing with a noodle rod and 6lb mono. each fish took 5-10 minutes of down and dirty to land and were hooked in the top of the tail which apparently is good spot for the hook to stay buttoned. the tails were over 10" tip to tip. had a couple silver dollar sized scales from others on my darts too.
The rivers running pretty high right now. You must be a Viking. I applaud your efforts.

Is the shad run early this year? How is the shad population holding up on the Delaware?

Is the shad run early this year? How is the shad population holding up on the Delaware?
not early, pretty much right on time. as far as population, some years are better than others.

For the last 7 or 8 years the Delaware has been unwadable during the prime Shad run in Pike County. The last wadable year I blew off the Hendrickson Hatch and hit the river early morning and again late afternoon. Did really well. Highlight was a Roe about 7lbs. 9ft to 10ft 6wt or 7wt with a fast sink tip line and simple shad flies. Chartreuse was the hot color. Lots of fun

Page_1080.jpg

Page

Wood-Duck-1080.jpg

Wood Duck

Von-Patten-1080.jpg

Von Patten

Darling-1080.jpg

Darling

Last-Chance-1080.jpg

Last Chance

Jungle-Alexandra-1080.jpg

Jungle Alexandra