What Are You Tying Today?

I'm going to have to start writing these things down! You never know when I might come up with a Poly -anna Swap!!o_O

Kim

I AM glad that you are finding some good uses for that cord - I've got ~26 total colors of it.
Can I get some more?

Replenishing the Hendrickson Nymphs.

View attachment 1641234332
View attachment 1641234334View attachment 1641234335
Lookin' real nice!! What color d-rib? Is the under body shading from using dark brown sharp ie on tan thread?
Thank you!
The body is under dubbed with 2 different color dubbings (a dark brown blend and a sulphur yellow to bring out the amber band when viewed through the D-rib) I dub vs build up with thread because the Hendrickson is a chunky little nymph, and it allows me to build up the right shaped underbody easier and quicker than with just thread wraps.
D-rib is brown "medium" size.

Last edited:
Greentail soft hackle — sizes 12 and 14
Dark olive silk (I don’t have green), hare’s mask dubbing, woodcock under-covert feather, peacock herl head
Nice fly. Here’s one that’s similar to yours but tied with a Pearsall’s #45 green silk tag. The main difference between this fly and yours is about $25/spool! 😊

Image0

Here is my first try at articulated streamers. I am really new to this so I’d love constructive criticism if you have any!
IMG 9126
IMG 9127

Also tried to make a wooly bugger of sorts. I think a smallmouth would eat them 👍
IMG 9128

Testing out a new background color. It’s still blue just a different hue of blue.
Previously tied twisted wire nymph
Hook - 14?
Thread - 8/0 Uni burnt orange
Tail - Pheasant tail fibers
Body - Sm ultra wire chartreuse and gold twisted together
Thorax - UV peacock herl
Legs - Pheasant tail fibers
Wing case - Pheasant tail fibers
IMG 8518

Testing out a new background color. It’s still blue just a different hue of blue.
Previously tied twisted wire nymph
Hook - 14?
Thread - 8/0 Uni burnt orange
Tail - Pheasant tail fibers
Body - Sm ultra wire chartreuse and gold twisted together
Thorax - UV peacock herl
Legs - Pheasant tail fibers
Wing case - Pheasant tail fibers
View attachment 1641234377
Looks good!!

Did you just hackle the squirrel?
Fox squirrel fur tied in with a dubbing loop. I tried to get a fair number of guard hairs included and picked it out real well to almost simulate the hackle on a conventional elk hair caddis.

Reactions: GHM
I'm just getting started with my tying for this year, working on some small frog patterns about 2 inches long. I haven't tied a complete fly yet. Just working on the bodies
Hook: Ahrex Predator Swim Bait hook, size 4. I also tie them on size 2 and 2/0
Body: strip of 6 mm craft foam
Legs: Silicone Spinner Bait Skirts(Sili Legs)
Eyes: Fish Skull Living Eyes, 6 or 7 mm
Belly Flash: Micro UV Polar Chenille, color to match body.
Thread: 3/0 or heavier, color to match foam
I'll also give them a coat of thin UV resin to help with floatation.
View attachment 1641228817

I'll post the completed pattern when I get them tied.
Make sure you post a photo of the finished frog.

Back