>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few my 9 year old and I tied on Saturday. He wanted to try the brassie and zebra midge. Pretty small but he did pretty good.

Brown & White Clouser
Black Woolleybugger
Brassie
Zebra Midge
Montana's Hybrid
Trouser Worm

Attachments

• 0304171808a.jpg
    0304171808a.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 3
Villeman - Looks like you and your kiddo did well.

Nomad, he was looking up patterns to tie on the internet. I don't usually tie Brassies or zebra midges but he wanted to try them. He is learning. We need to work on his casting though.....LOL

villeman wrote:
Nomad, he was looking up patterns to tie on the internet. I don't usually tie Brassies or zebra midges but he wanted to try them. He is learning. We need to work on his casting though.....LOL

Ahhh he is off to a good start nymphing. No need to cast just flop it upstream and drift it :lol:

Restocking the carp box. Spring is two weeks away!

Attachments

• Carp Flies 3.JPG
    Carp Flies 3.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 3
Went to the Lancaster fly fishing show yesterday with my good friend Tyger. We went mainly to see a couple of friends we new would be there.
Jack Fields and Nick Raftas. While there I went on a search for a silver badger cape. But specifically for larger drys. Like #6 and #8s. Pretty much gave up. It is a tall order. On the way out my buddy Tyger started rummaging through a bunch of capes he found. Right you guessed it. He found one. I bought it up, started playing with it today. I love big dry flys especially Wulff patterns. So I tied a couple today, First is a classic White Wulff the second is a variant of original. The first is a size 8 standard hook. The second is a size 8-3x long.

GenCon

Attachments

• WW2x.jpg
    WW2x.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2
  • WW3x.jpg
    WW3x.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4
Very nice, Mike. That's a great late summer warmwater/ Smallie fly. I have an old cheap cream/badger Indian neck I use to tie those flies. Somehow they just don't come out looking like like yours. Nice job!

Very nice john and mike.

I have been messing around with a hen coq de leon soft hackle and chickabou pelt I picked up at the Lancaster show. Sorry I missed Mike and Tyger but I did run in to Jack. How could you miss him in that orange shirt.

Anyway here is the CDL Chickabugger I found on FlyFishFood. Chickabou tail and wrapped body. Soft hackle collar. The hen CDL is a really easy material to work with.

2WcxbH8tOgaoYSjIK0nVmelmNK-qlsyOPOI5kaspdBv8YUXdGJvj6WsXaX8dQVVEUegmIGnhMbtuTlRO54cE3LrQML3UcQK9lfvReF1LvK7qDNSlkmZ1uGQ5Btwna57zuhJ9BGwSlKU2x7H6valv6yIUFT9h8hSC_FWeBXa11yuw3GSJwP7UsLH1IQIvEdvpr97Crj-edEsf6p_RlDXWZq-aJTI-yfnb_BmP8TaXzQ-QJ8niVyZ1qJvwj3kvpJ1yDwFeSOM6Itv0Q1BZ7MGUXSjYjzRKQPJUj21xsfIcxOxq0fBAUFYBi3gb-UoygODvMGV0zwsBgB84n3kKLjV-XzpA2fEXqqj4TWJaW-zPNgu0HuBjc_u5kx4vN2aqNLDa7eQYBsC-zXEhiE3BBPcpzaFPaqlJMWnIqbH3Myamh8jod-Cold1HnLT7DL-P97OGY4wNcwIteEygAQS8oRleRaO15gLSqB5_A7eNQiDA2DAm4sUEG1ewX12ZKpB7C8rI4OnXee08ClLXqRrxUmccz1gyHz2eqGw43ar-O4yUp7j1IdW_ZgFde9WwBzMFmA4EWpsQ0DQygbeXVEi28qT1u0hv_tT5capyUBdizF-xdbOSB27YN0Eu5xr0CCu7JrvI1BA1tC3dnHNJ_lhgCqh8M11nQh-wCOQujMHMB0yZvA=w1058-h914-no

Everybody's flys look great. John, I reall like those carp flys. Well done. Trevor, that streamer looks great. I do something very similar but use saddle hackle for the body. It is a version of a Moto's minnow.

GenCon

Attachments

• olive and black.jpg
    olive and black.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 2
Mike that is very nice. I like the variety of colors you chose for the marabou and saddle hackle. Is that rooster or hen hackle you used for the body?

nomad_archer wrote:
Mike that is very nice. I like the variety of colors you chose for the marabou and saddle hackle. Is that rooster or hen hackle you used for the body?

Trevor, it is all rooster saddle. Just added some different colors to get that effect. Just nice and webby hackles.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
Everybody's flys look great. John, I reall like those carp flys. Well done. Trevor, that streamer looks great. I do something very similar but use saddle hackle for the body. It is a version of a Moto's minnow.

GenCon

That really is a nice looking streamer! The colors really are awesome! I'd bite it!

GC...missed u and Tyger there but visited Jack, Nick, and Eunan.
Did Tyger find that cape in one of the piles at The Evening Hatch?

GenCon wrote:

Trevor, it is all rooster saddle. Just added some different colors to get that effect. Just nice and webby hackles.

Thanks for the additional information Mike. I am still getting a hackle education. So many varieties so little time to try them all.

Finished a smallmouth box...time to get back to trout stuff

Attachments

• IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Really nice box Tiagadog

Thanks guys. Darby, sorry we missed you at the show. Yes that's where Tyger found the silver badger for me. It was a good find.

GenCon

There were some nice looking capes/saddles in there. Too bad I have such a hard time spending money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back