>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those c-clips shouldn't go flying as they aren't under tension. They are still easy to lose if you don't take care removing them but they wont go flying.

Did you catch the vise that was on sale in the swap forum right at the new year?

Nah...

Got it off Ebay 2 or three years ago from Fly_Shop. Just ordered the midge jaws two seconds ago. 37$ free shipping and handling. I guess thats ok.

Attachments

• muddler2.jpg
    muddler2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Nate

I guess I'm gonna figure it out.

Nice popper man. If thats your first...that is amazing. That is a beautiful fly!

-bot

I like it. I was wondering because I was second in line on the one here. I waited a few months and couldn't find one at anything other than MSRP so I used some gift cards at bass pro to help with the purchase.

Nomad,

Check your messages I PM'ed you.

Size 18 and 20 Sexy Walts Worm and White Slumpbusters have been in my vise lately.

Done really well on these over the last couple years.

Chartreuse has been a staple on streamers lately.

Attachments

• Sisu.jpg
    Sisu.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1
More chartreuse.

Attachments

• Coburn Crack.jpg
    Coburn Crack.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1
Rainbow Sid

Attachments

• Rainbow Sid.jpg
    Rainbow Sid.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1
Conehead

Attachments

• coneheadmuddler2.jpg
    coneheadmuddler2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1
  • coneheadmuddler.jpg
    coneheadmuddler.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1
cjdubya wrote:
Chartreuse has been a staple on streamers lately.

I think it was Lefty Kreh who famously said, "if it aint' chartreuse, it ain't no use!" :)

Good stuff.

Dahlberg Diver!

Attachments

• IMG_1593.JPG
    IMG_1593.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
Black Gutless Frog

Attachments

• GutlessFrog.jpg
    GutlessFrog.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 2
That's exactly the vid I used to learn. I saw Rob Snowhite tie a few of these at summerset. Going to go say hi to him in Lancaster this morning!

-bot

Here are a couple for yesterday.

1. rubber band grub/meal worm tyger showed me at the Jam.
2. Another mohair leech in tan
3. turkey biot body nymphs. First time tying with turkey biots but they look like the will work.

Off to the Lancaster show in a bit.

LaXnOKpezB2zBB8AQmVrkXYxSMezapAmpB3frre8i2PN1-lgGj_T1BWyo5COZkmYGb6Xa4B23w0Msuapy9ZnXdgxrIbcQT82hS6TFGKAYIEK9TA-joBKDhx77w4dPpQ1FIxa6jLb1mT4_n_kJtj1yv-jy5L2sN7QL9fK7YH9vohmoHJRdPYtVN4DUlF6oXieDijqEXZF8NH_T492j3uZByhQ-4Q3sa8msD_YLbnhOfPuIQJoh9Ib5qvmL7LV_T2KwYP6nfO6vfyCAuywhYrN1vZF6Ox4b2ZO0JLGnlgYCqbObqPUhKa2rJYpQiyJeiFNhatCEwiGTeSgFn4013vLFxQQTzIIyeP6ijvufPysUCqoN-LPpJP9epVKXVrox3r_UrE2XDyUIXDtoF8AuEaaXU_VR72EE1DFQnziWU2678Jr080dqYoGiayR_vBAoWMjI3xPJX8TllM-WAkSdJrwgEs6DLvNi89POnl2yZmGbZ1nXThAHZ2ImF5ASFYRDjPl43I6gyUFo2VvHH_5yC3fyJlUa_jDxLfT2Qv3AqlcILSIoSQkkg27f8FAcI1KZNvjQWxi1OUdULyYWEiU2ZaIGMWG-_jVARMnRyudNx-fK8q6RmeChHTt=w953-h923-no

Man...all these flies makes me want to get into tying! Beauties!

Tied a couple of slump busters. No where near as nice as the nomad archers. Will be practicinf a lot more on these.

FlyGuyGlen wrote:
Man...all these flies makes me want to get into tying! Beauties!

Dooooo it!

djs12354 wrote:
Tied a couple of slump busters. No where near as nice as the nomad archers. Will be practicinf a lot more on these.

Thanks for the compliment. My slump busters started off pretty ugly but they still caught fish. Keep practicing they will get better. I did find using pine squirrel was easier then rabbit strips. The rabbit had more under fur and made it more difficult to wrap the wire without trapping hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back