>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
BarryBarry....nice ties on the sparkle caddis. Looks like you have the method down pretty well. I use them with very good success.

One thing you might want to try is using a cream or pale white antron for the bubble. Use only enough to create a "filmy" covering. For the under body I use a mix of dark hair dub and caddis green ice dub.

The best test is to drop them into a glass of water...the bubble should become translucent giving a glimpse of the under body.

Bob! Those new caddis look great. I agree with Mike, the progression is cool. HEs look good as well.

Thanks chromid. I'll give it a try.

This is for when they stock fingerling bows on the Kish this year. Hope to entice a monster from a deep pocket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 4
First full elk's hair (w/ wire & hackle) on sz 12 dry fly hook tied tonight:

Attachments

• IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 3
Bob, that caddis is really good. I would fish it.

GenCon

haven't posted in a while, but here's a few I've tied up recently.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

photo-3_1.jpg

Just a few I've worked on recently.

fishngun, nice stuff. Those streamers are pretty hot. Really like the white, pink and olive.

GenCon

barrybarry wrote:
I watched Matt Grobert tie this Sparkle Emerger at the Lancaster show. (Though his looked quite a bit better) I need to work on the proportions. New tie for me. Any other colors or thoughts. Size 12 Allen hook.

barrybarry,

They look good and will definitely fish well. That pattern is a killer when dropped off of a caddis dry. I like to tie them with tan and olive antron yarn as the shuck and veil. I usually keep the deer hair wing really short because of it being an emeger pattern. I don't know what you used for the underbody but I like to use a piece of green flash-a-bou wrapped around the shank. If you tie the veil sparse enough the green flash shows through it. Great pattern! Give em' a shot. They will produce for you for sure.

RCFetter wrote:
First full elk's hair (w/ wire & hackle) on sz 12 dry fly hook tied tonight

RC,

DARN nice looking tie. I will have to try my hand at that one

Thanks GenCon. I'm not fully satisfied with them yet. They look good in the water but I'm still tweaking them.

golden ice stonefly nymph - killer on Penns Creek

DSC_0199_zps5grsv8dg.jpg

I like that stonefly, grizzly.

Yes that is a very tasty looking stone fly.

GenCon

Last night I gave a go at a bunny sculpin. This is a size 4 in dark brown. I plan to tie them in black and olive as well.

IMG_0087_zps8eqyesef.jpg

I also tied up a few size 10 semi-seal buggers. Plan on getting a few white, black, olive, and brown as well.

IMG_0088_zpscylpxyb2.jpg

Nothing :)

Joy and I are up at Cove Haven for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary!

Keep up the great work folks!

BWO #22 22 is about the limit for me. Had to wear the big glasses.

GenCon

Attachments

• BWO 22.jpg
    BWO 22.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back