>>>What are you tying today ? Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have to tie a few of them up. What size is the one in your pic? Looks about like a size 12? I really like the design and it looks like a simple tie. Sometimes simple is the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

dc410 wrote:
I'm gonna have to tie a few of them up. What size is the one in your pic? Looks about like a size 12? I really like the design and it looks like a simple tie. Sometimes simple is the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

The one in the pic is a 14. I can make them pretty down to a 16 and as big as an 8. Not as pretty as a Letort, but I think easier. Google AZ hopper for the pattern.

lv2nymph wrote:
Nice Volks, nice. I'm thinking we should see more of your ties.

Pshaw.... :oops: :pint:

Volksnurse wrote:
lv2nymph wrote:

JT - You should post pics of those Iso spinners you tied for me.

They're awesome!

Sammy has taught you well. ;-)

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
lv2nymph wrote:

JT - You should post pics of those Iso spinners you tied for me.

They're awesome!

Sammy has taught you well. ;-)

This one...floats great....maybe not as durable as some but I think its pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_20140806_190908_874-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20140806_190908_874-800x600.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3
#18 orange pt, going for a swim tomorrow

0549e782fbd9363e399a4e5e7f43204b_zps6e5f85ca.jpg

That's what I'm taking about Volks...

Yeah, Volks is putting up some nice ties. I really liked that hopper pattern that he put up the other day. I did tie up a few and just as they look they are a very simple tie. I have yet to test them out, but the next time I get on the trout stream, being that we are in the heart of the terrestrial season, I am planning on replacing my standard top fly - the stimulator on my dry/dropper rig with this hopper pattern - making it a true hopper/dropper rig. I tied this one in size 14 with 2 mm chartruese craft foam and a deer hair wing. I'm figuring that fishing this fly upstream as the top fly on a tandem rig should make it look like a little chartruese billboard while floating downstream. This is a really cool pattern. I'm hoping to prove it to be a very productive pattern very shortly. Thanks again, Volks, for sharing it with us. Good stuff!

Attachments

• Hopper.jpg
    Hopper.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4
Sweet John, real nice...

I tied these up Saturday night.

Harley,

I read your intro in the general forum. Welcome to PAFF. If you devote your fishing time to flyfishing it can be addicting just like fly tying. Those are some real buggy looking critters. You should have a ton of movement with those buggers. They should be very effective as a leech type pattern for Smallmouth Bass. Looking forward to seeing more of your ties. Keep up the good work. Good luck, that first trout on the fly rod has got to be just around the corner.

Bass treats have been on the menu this week.

Attachments

• flies.jpg
    flies.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
Jay, look good as usual. You tie great streamers.

Some nice looking warm water ties there guys. You'll have a grip on a lip in no time...

LaVisagreen_zps18eae9e3.jpg

LaVisa_zpsbcd395b1.jpg

I just started tying flies and these are my first streamers I have ever attempted. I tied a Gonga and an Articulated Gonga. I can't wait to get them in the water!

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
They look yummy.

Nice job Steve...

Bassman, for just starting out they are outstanding. Keep up the good work. Great color choices as well.

GenCon

Bassman,
those look awesome! Thats good work by you for your first streamers! They are gonna look awesome wet!

Thanks guys! It means a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back