>>>What are you tying today ? Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing fantastic, the nymphing has been increadible all winter! I'm getting out every weekend but maybe two since the beginning of December and have been in double digits more times than not...
Brookie, that is an awesome tie! That looks like a killer...

Jack those nymphs are the bomb.

Thanks Jim, you should give them a go.

Some #20 Mustad 94840 parachutes- Adams and BWO
A snowshoe sulfur sparkle dun and a grannom with cdc loop under elk.

Attachments

• DSCF1206.JPG
    DSCF1206.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1211.JPG
    DSCF1211.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF1219.JPG
    DSCF1219.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF1215.JPG
    DSCF1215.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 6
Really nice ties D...

^agreed!

Jack, believe me i have. I have a steady couple rows of them in my nymph box .

Nice ties Dcap, I really like the parachutes.

lv2nymph wrote:

Brookie, that is an awesome tie! That looks like a killer...

Thanks, Jack! I appreciate it.

Your mink nymphs look like a killer pattern as well.

Jack's beadhead mink nymph is an awesome pattern. A serious fish catcher!

Spinner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 7
I have a suggestion for an up grade to this posting. What about posting your material list for the fly you are showing? I am always fascinated by what materials people choose. Hook type and size is such a variable. Let me know what you think off this?

That is all good loking flys posted above. You guys are cranking them out. Great job by all.

GenCon

Sparky wrote:
I have a suggestion for an up grade to this posting. What about posting your material list for the fly you are showing? I am always fascinated by what materials people choose. Hook type and size is such a variable. Let me know what you think off this?
Sounds good to me....

The wooly bear. What else would I call it. Simple leech pattern.
All black bear. Tail is guard hair. Body is under fur in split thread.

GenCon

Attachments

• WB4.jpg
    WB4.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 6
Very nice tie Mike! Well tied and has a great shape to it. When wet I bet that comes alive...

Thanks John.

I bet that is killer Gencon, very nice.

sz 16 cream cahill

Have been addicted to tying dries lately.

DSC_0175.jpg

Thanks guys. Just need some soft water to try that leech. Everything here is frozen.

Mario, the light cahill is one of my favorite old patterns. Yours is well tyed. Very nice job.

GenCon

Canadian bronze-back
front hook-94151 sz 1, rear hook 33603 sz 8, tail and cheek- dyed lt. olive mallard, body- tan and peacock lasher yarn, dubbing- dk. golden olive AZ dubbing, wing and thorax- yellow dyed olive sparkle fur, eyes- red doll eyes, fly is 4" long when finished to represent the juvenile small mouth bass. for action see my vids on spineless flys

Attachments

• sm. mouth bass.JPG
    sm. mouth bass.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 7
Since I am going to concentrate more on flyfishing small freestone brookie streams this year I have been tying flies to use for that. Yesterday I tied a dozen micro conehead wooly buggers in three different colors. The standard black, brown and olive. Tied them on old Mustad 9674 size 14 hooks. They are about an inch long. I also tied a half dozen small mickey finn streamers. Put those on old Mustad 3665A streamer hooks in size 14. Today I am working on the standard adams pattern. I use white parapost for the wing. It makes it easier to see on the water. Those are on Mustad 98430 size 14. I recently dedicated my old Down's 3 tray fly chestbox just for these small streams. Now I am trying to fill it. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back