DSCF6179 (400x300).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1
Sandfly nice stones. Are they weighted?

GenCon

Nice looking ties up there Bob

c54d2d12037a9a4c22ad4d6c2aa13115_zpsab12b2d2.jpg

you to jack like that one as well, seems I seen it some where else---lol

Sandfly - those stoneflies look great.

Nice looking nymph there, Jack. Is your dubbing and cdc tied in by splitting the thread or in a loop?

Thanks Bob, wonder where?
John, thanks. I Split the thread, really I think the main difference is you get less bulk at the eye when you tie off, that and you don't have to mess around with any tools or a loop with it.

Some small stuff this morning.

Attachments

• smallstuff.JPG
    smallstuff.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
McSneek, yep they be small. Too small for my eyes. Nicely done though.

GenCon

con,
they are weighted

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this thread. 27,000 views on 39 pages over 7 months.

Rock on tyers!

PS, Page 38 FTW!

^ Agree with Maurice - this thread has been a pleasure.

Maurice wrote:
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this thread. 27,000 views on 39 pages over 7 months.

Rock on tyers!

PS, Page 38 FTW!

I don't know if I appreciate it in the same way that you do, but I check this thread every time I see there's a new post. It's great to see what everyone else is tying on a regular basis. Good work, sandfly!

Ha ha Jeremy...well truth be told I hadn't thought about it from that angle...I appreciate it from the same standpoint you do. What I can learn from it. I just was blown away by the number of views.

Though, there is some intrinsic value I may apply to my tying, most of my enjoyment comes from my daydreaming about having the skill and patience to tie such beautiful flies.

Bergmans March Brown male. This may be the best I can get it. Needs one more coat of laquer and good to go. This is for a contest.
Critiques welcome.

GenCon

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 3
GenCon wrote:
Bergmans March Brown male. This may be the best I can get it. Needs one more coat of laquer and good to go. This is for a contest.
Critiques welcome.

GenCon

Gencon

Not qualified to critique for a contest, but send a half-dozen or so over and I'll field test for you...... ;-) :cool:

PS: It does look good to me.

GenCon wrote:
Critiques welcome.

GenCon

Looks great! Nice proportions. Wing is set nicely. Hackle length looks really good. Tough for me to see anything to improve upon.

This is Don Bastian's, I'm sure you've looked at Gencon but he is the standard IMO.

Yours is gorgeous, I have nothing to critique.

227-March-Brown-English-Male-550x412.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back