Warm Water Fly Swap 2013/2014

yes, you just filled the last spot. I'll PM my address in the morning, I'm off to work soon.

Shane is in the HIZL

count me out if its 30 flies

Lol count me out as well if it is 30 flies. That is a lot of articulations and hooks. Haha

Lol count me out as well if it is 30 flies. That is a lot of articulations and hooks. Haha

It's not going to be 30 flies

I was so serious that I said it 3 times. Lol tying 15 of these things right?

yes 15 yes 15 yes 15 lol

Mailing address has been PM'ed, contact me if you did not receive it.

You will only need to tie 5 flies, and the deadline is January 24 to try to avoid the holiday shipping delays as much as possible.

And thanks to all for joining, usually these WW swaps fizzle and die before they even get stared.

forgot to mention to make sure to include an envelope with return shipping when you send in your flies...if there's a little extra charge because another tier's flies weight a little more, I'll cover that, so just include shipping for the weight of your parcel.

Frogs:

frogs_zpse1e16b1b.jpg

made the best of a rare day off...hit up a small local trout stream this AM, and belted out my poppers this afternoon...Size 1/0 in Chartreuse Firetiger alright with the group?

and those are some sweet looking frogs...kinda look like spun deerhair at first.

Thanks a lot Snipe.
Chartreuse Firetiger sounds killer, cant wait to see um.

These will be heading out the door soon and Yes there is more than 20 there, I wanted to get rid of some material so I got some extra hooks and therefore people will get two from me.

Attachments

• DSCI0182.JPG
    DSCI0182.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 4
I remember the fly you tied last year for the tying jam. It was beautiful and these look amazing as well. Look forward to getting one!

any preference for colors on the leadeye sunfish? I've come up with quite a few variations...

-bluegill(olive hen saddle tail, lt. olive bucktail, lt. olive back, orange/blue/olive belly)

-green sunfish/pumpkinseed (olive marabou tail, olive calftail, olive back/orange belly)

-black crappie (grizzly hen tail, gray/black calfail, black back, gray belly)

-white crappie (grizzly hen tail, gray calftail, gray bely, alternating gray/black back)

-redbreast (lt. olive marabou tail, lt. olive bucktail, lt. olive back, red belly)

-rock bass (brown grizzly hen tail, brown calftail, brown back, yellow belly)

ffnz, I'm liking the variation of feathers you got there.
Snipe, I vote for the bluegill pattern.

okay, I'll go with bluegill. If anyone actually gets a chance to fish those, tell me how they work out for you. It's a pattern that I just came up with and would like to make this swap an opportunity to give it a more extensive field test.

Back