Warm Water Fly Swap 2013/2014

two more spots left...filling up a lot faster than expected...

I'm in pattern to be announced later . BTW you stole my patern Delta Posted on: Today 6:45

Lol.....sorry guy. I only picked that one because I'm gonna tie it for the tying jam. So I should be able to get them all done in one day.

If there is still space I can tie up some Mrs Simpsons, good for carp, bass, trout, salmon... basically anything.

I will do my Stealth Bomber. I have done well with that fly.

Kevin

sniperfreak223-TBD
easternfly- Stealth Bomber
dc410- crayfish
jay348- glades minnow
nfrechet-TBD
pro4mance- Wel-Fed Baitfish
Leteras-TBD
GRP- Gartside Gurgler
jwb123-TBD
mario66pens- articulated hellgrammite
delta_dog- Shannon Steamer
lv2nymph- Foam frog
Fredrick- TBD
flyfishingNZ- Mrs Simpson

That leaves one more slot open by my count.

Do you think it will be to much for everyone if we tie two for each person ?

I see no problem with tying 30 flies, I'll leave it up to the group, but it's fine by me.

At 15 each plus and extras for mods, I'm still gonna vote for 1 each.

I'll go with whatever you guys decide though...I'll just need to stock up (and quit whining) if we go for 2 each. This swap is looking good.

If there's room I'm in...ill tye a sculpin pattern

I'd be fine with tying 2, I could do 2 color patterns. It's up to the majority, Norm

Mods don't fish warm water plus i'm sure they have enough of their own flies .

Fredrick wrote:
Do you think it will be to much for everyone if we tie two for each person ?
Personally, I'd rather stay with one each. If everyone really wants to tie two each it's all good, I can respectfully bow out before the swap begins.

I would also prefer to tie one fly for each participant but I do intend to include 5 more for the guys that make this whole site work. This is shaping up to be a really cool swap with many other patterns yet to be determined. I would hope we don't lose people and some great patterns because of having to tie two for each. I am definitely in either way but if we go for two I need to restock on materials and hooks.

one each it is then...unless you WANT to tie two, then that's your prerogative.

and as for my pattern, so far it's looking like a popper...

sniperfreak223 wrote:

flies should be mailed by the 24th of January.

pretty grateful its only one per person, I wouldn't have been able to manage two.

If you guys would be down with field-testing, I've been working on a sunfish imitation lately, to replace the overly thick Clouser I'd been using to imitate them, so I might just do two patterns...my leadeye sunfish and a Hipp's Soft Body Popper.

Is there a spot open? Kinda in the mood to tie some Triple P's. Let me know.

Back