The Rumble on the River!

Fredrick wrote:
How's the weather I know its raining were I am ?

Too soon to declare Mon-soon.

We're on...'til we're off.

Andy is in charge of the soft baits and I'm tying up the hardgoods. Andy has just cast a bunch of rubber wigglers and swimbaits and has stocked up on fresh packs of Senkos and I tied up a couple of my secret weapon flies &#8595 for both of us.

Attachments

• Senko pallet.jpg
    Senko pallet.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Secret weapon.jpg
    Secret weapon.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4
SurfCowboyXX wrote:
Let's actually do 5 pm. It's a pretty long float (between 4 and 6 miles), and I don't think we'll get started until 9am.

Okay, 5pm it is.

I was looking at the map today and, yes, it's further than I thought.

My girl Sheena says the mon-soooooooon starts in 90 minutes

sheena-parvin-hot-weather-reporter.jpg

I just checked all the important gauges. It looks like more rain is falling (and will fall) than was forecast (.3"). Right now, a few gauges have levelled out (they were falling), but only one (Sunbury, unfortunately) is showing an increase.

I get the feeling that we're going to have an increase to some degree, based upon the radar I'm seeing currently, but it doesn't necessarily look as if it's going to bring the water up too much. A couple inches and a little color might actually help the cause, but a foot of chocolate milk will scuttle us.

SurfCowboyXX wrote:
I just checked all the important gauges. It looks like more rain is falling (and will fall) than was forecast (.3"). Right now, a few gauges have levelled out (they were falling), but only one (Sunbury, unfortunately) is showing an increase.

I get the feeling that we're going to have an increase to some degree, based upon the radar I'm seeing currently, but it doesn't necessarily look as if it's going to bring the water up too much. A couple inches and a little color might actually help the cause, but a foot of chocolate milk will scuttle us.

Yeah fellas....let's all just stay tuned to the site.

If the River blow out...we can try it on another weekend.

I think we'll be just fine. The West Branch at Williamsport is up about 500 cfs, but Lewisburg is holding steady. The main is fine at Bloomsberg, and the bump that Sunbury saw earlier already looks to be receding a bit. The lower Juniata is showing some water, but none of it looks too bad. So long as these were the only storms that area sees before tomorrow, we should have great conditions.

A couple little blips on the gauges but nothing to be concerned about. Hell, we fished it with 25' trees floating down the river the other week. Never tossed a 4" jointed plug on a 5wt so this should be interesting.

Tom, caught us 30 fresh hellgrammites to tip your Royal Wulff with. You bringing the box of tissues for Fred? Don't want to hear any crying in the other boat. LOL. My boat will be sitting in the water and I'll wait for Derek to pull in. Power launch his and Fred can stand guard while we shuttle the vehicles. Tom will take us back to the launch and away we go.

** Pro tip ** don't leave your keys in Tom's truck....it will be a the launch when we finish. Just saying. Lol

krayfish2 wrote:
A couple little blips on the gauges but nothing to be concerned about. Hell, we fished it with 25' trees floating down the river the other week. Never tossed a 4" jointed plug on a 5wt so this should be interesting.

Tom, caught us 30 fresh hellgrammites to tip your Royal Wulff with. You bringing the box of tissues for Fred? Don't want to hear any crying in the other boat. LOL. My boat will be sitting in the water and I'll wait for Derek to pull in. Power launch his and Fred can stand guard while we shuttle the vehicles. Tom will take us back to the launch and away we go.

** Pro tip ** don't leave your keys in Tom's truck....it will be a the launch when we finish. Just saying. Lol

Good tip ^ We dropped Fred's car downstream and fished down to it for like 2 miles. You guessed it, Freddy forgot his keys...we had it hoof it back two miles, uphill and in the dark. :roll:

Good night Irene
https://youtu.be/lRopXf-H7LY

Looked at Haldeman island area just before dark. Crystal clear and the lowest I think I've seen it this year. Could be very big numbers posted. Expect a few yak attacks but 99% of the power boats wouldn't think k of going where we will be going. :)

The River looks great!.....We are ON!

Should be a fun day.....Good luck to all.

I will Uber you guys from the take out.

Plan to be there around 9:30.

It all went horribly wrong. I passed out but when I woke up, Tom said "we won". I'm still not sure.

Here's the Snakehead Man with a snake by the head...and charming the local girls.
:lol:

Attachments

• Fred1.jpg
    Fred1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 6
Anyway, a great day was had but fishin was tough. Between five of us only about forty fish came to hand. With the ideal conditions, we had expected more action. Other anglers I talked with mentioned similar slow fishing.

Final score - cue the drum roll....

Team Krayfish/Afishinado won by a small point total, 22 to 18.

SurfCowboy nailed the biggest fish of the day, a very respectable 17.75" beauty.

Fredrick busted another fly rod - which is a tradition.

And we got out of there just before the storm.

Gentlemen...it was an excellent day and a fairly played!
:pint:

It was brutal! The winner &#8595 was down for the count!!!! :-o :-o :-o

I still think that we should of made a no chumming rule . I have accepted my L but I firmly believe that if not for my equipment issues it could of been a different out come . Love to make the rumble a best out of three for a full case of beer . And Dave can you post or txt my group photo with the ladies .

Fredrick wrote:
I still think that we should of made a no chumming rule . I have accepted my L but I firmly believe that if not for my equipment issues it could of been a different out come . Love to make the rumble a best out of three for a full case of beer . And Dave can you post or txt my group photo with the ladies .

Uuhhhh....we stopped fishing at 4pm cuz of technical difficulties...you guys fished 'til after 6pm.

The fish weren't really "on" yesterday, but fun had by [d]all[/d] most...that's what counts.

BTW, where's the beer?!!

Attachments

• Team Surf Motto....jpg
    Team Surf Motto....jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3
Team dink ran out when they seen the storm coming :lol:

Fredrick wrote:

Hey Fred,

Just try to put your rod outfit back in it's bister pack as best you can, and bring it back here.

Back