Sulpher Swap 2011

jdaddy wrote:
BelAirSteve wrote:
Correction...realized it is not a good idea to go to the Post Office on Tax Day! They will go out tomorrow!

I went today not remembering that tax day thing and it was regular mad house ie same as usual. God I loath my local PO.

I did the same and the line was out the door at the post office. I never understood why people stand in line like that when all they need is the postmark. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

On their way! Looking forward to seeing the others. Thanks for arranging it.

Tied all of mine a few weeks ago then proceeded to lose them. I have absolutely no idea where they ended up.

I'll get back on the vise tonight and hopefully have them finished and sent in a day or two.

I will finish mine up tonight and mail them out tomorrow.

My flies are in the mail. The pattern is a sulphur modification of my favorite BWO pattern:

Hook: Dai Riki 300 #16
Thread: Uni light cahill 8/0
Tail: Claro coq de leon
Abdomen: Sulphur orange turkey biot
Thorax: Sulphur orange superfine dubbing
Hackle: Light dun tied parachute style

Flies are in the mail today.

I tied a very basic sulphur dry that works well for me when the sulphurs have emerged and fish are taking dries off the surface.

Hook: size 14 dry fly hook
Tail: Barred ginger hackle
Body: dubbed sulphur yellow
Hackle: Barred ginger hackle
Thread: Yellow

Hope it catches some fish for you guys.

My flies went in the mail on Monday. I'm excited to see all these flies!!

In the mail! I'll post a a recipe tonight.

Attachments

• sulpuhurs1.jpg
    sulpuhurs1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2
auker9,

Flies are here! Nice!!

JH

Package sent. I tied a Caddis-Style Sulphur:

SulphurSwapEntry4-20-11-1.jpg

Hook: #16 TMC 100
Thread: UNI 6/0 Light Cahill
Body: Yellow CDC
Wing: Bleached Elk Hair

This fly is based on the CDC & Elk shown here

Suplhur Para-Dun

Hook: #16 dry
Thread: UNI 8/0 Light Cahill
Tail: Off-White Hackle Fibers
Body: Sulphur-Orange superfine dubbing
Hackle: Light Dun
jay348 wrote:
In the mail! I'll post a a recipe tonight.

flyfishermanj,
good to hear! do they look ok? i usually just tie for myself. havent tied for other people much yet, hope they work for everyone!

Will be mailing mine in the morning. 3 more left to tie. I literally dozed off at the vise last night... Sorry for the delay if I am the last one to get them in.

I had to simplify the pattern this time, since I lost all of the flies I had originally tied, but I think this one looks more like the natural after studying troutnut for a bit.

Will send mine in the morning as well.

I apologize guys, Im running a little late. Ill send em tomorrow. Iv been out of town for the past week and a half.

Got several packages yesterday and today, been busy with Easter Bunny stuff so I will post which ones are here tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Happy Easter!

JH

Forgot to send mine yesterday, will be in the mail Monday!

mine are set to be in the mail by morning.

I think the post office was getting ready to close by the time I woke up saturday. Dropped them in the mail about 50 minutes ago.

Back