Streamer Swap 2015

Nice dc!

I was feeling uninspired for a while there, but I think I'm set on a pattern. Hopefully the river stays slow enough for a weekend test run, but I've got a good feeling. Classic color combos...

Attachments

• minners.jpg
    minners.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 2
Trying out the thin mint bugger. Feedback welcomed. Now that I have tried a few I think I can crank them out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
laurelrun,

Looking good. One thing you may want to consider is the width of your thread collar/tie off point. On a beadhead wooly bugger you can generally run your chenille and palmered hackle right up to behind the bead. It will still be easy to tie off with a whip finish right behind the bead and the knot will tuck down in behind the bead and be fairly well protected. Not that it will make the pattern fish much better, probably more of an aesthetic thing in the big picture. Good buggy looking pattern and it will surely catch lots of fish. Keep up the good work!

laurelrun wrote:
Trying out the thin mint bugger. Feedback welcomed. Now that I have tried a few I think I can crank them out.

Laurel, PM sent.

GenCon

Thanks guys! Mike, email sent.

Sent PMs out to everyone...

Buggs are flying should be there Friday or so.Thanks to all hope they work for you.

Tyger,

We need to send an even dozen of our streamers to you. Right? I was just confirming this to be sure. I'm planning on cranking out the rest of mine this evening.

John, yup a dozen. We have 13 participants, so thats 1 fly for each guy, minus yourself.

Ive been chugging away on mine. Im pumped to fish everyones flies!

Got MelvinP and Laszlo's flies today. Nice ties!

Updated Roster

1. J55tyger88-Kenny Schwam's muskrat leech
2. Dc410- Olive Wooly Bomber
3. Gencon- Wooly Bear
4. Jay348- TBD
5. Melvinp- T1000- RECEIVED
6. Pabrookie94- Twist Bugger
7. LetortAngler- Sculpin
8. Pmelle- Sculpin
9. NickR- TBD
10. Njk3395- Double bunny
11. Laurelrun-BH Thin mint Bugger
12. Laszlo- Clouser- RECIEVED
13. BelAirSteve- Home Invader

The Olive Wooly Bombers are ready to roll! They will probably go out in the mail tomorrow AM.

Attachments

• Olive Wooly Bombers .JPG
    Olive Wooly Bombers .JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 2
Updated Roster

1. J55tyger88-Kenny Schwam's muskrat leech
2. Dc410- Olive Wooly Bomber
3. Gencon- Wooly Bear
4. Jay348- TBD
5. Melvinp- T1000- RECEIVED
6. Pabrookie94- Twist Bugger
7. LetortAngler- Sculpin- RECEIVED
8. Pmelle- Sculpin
9. NickR- TBD
10. Njk3395- Double bunny
11. Laurelrun-BH Thin mint Bugger
12. Laszlo- Clouser- RECIEVED
13. BelAirSteve- Home Invader

Looks good John. I guess I should get started tying. I have just had no time. But I will get my flys done.

GenCon

Put 'em in the mail this morning, Tyger. You should see them probably by Tuesday.

Well here they are...will put them in the mail this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2
Mine are finished too. I am taking the prototypes out for a live test after work. Will report back and get them in the mail this week.

dc410 wrote:
The Olive Wooly Bombers are ready to roll! They will probably go out in the mail tomorrow AM.

I'm going to steal this pattern, I hope you don't mind, I might add some rubber legs to it though. The rabbit strip tail probably has allot more action in it then marabou since it just compresses down when fished in current.

I think I will tie up some McGinnis Extra Stouts.

Fredrick wrote:
dc410 wrote:

I'm going to steal this pattern, I hope you don't mind, I might add some rubber legs to it though. The rabbit strip tail probably has allot more action in it then marabou since it just compresses down when fished in current.

No problem, Fred. They are an absolute fish catcher. Their action in the water is great. I like the rabbit strips for tails much more than marabou for this reason. The rubber legs sure couldn't hurt either. Good luck.

Well guys, my Thin Mint Bugger won't be the prettiest tie you get in this swap, but according to at least one Susquehanna smallmouth, they will fish just fine. It was a little too windy to fish for long, but I was able to hook a very nice bronzeback, who rudely would not stay long enough to pose for a photo, shaking loose just as I was about to lip him. Maybe I shouldn't have crushed the barbs, but he still gave a nice tussle.

Back