Steelhead swap

Guys I'm going to post this here as well, but I've sent each of you emails and a couple of you have responded. Thanks to those that have done so already!

JackM is gracious enough to post the photos, recipes and instructions to the PA FF Swap Page as well as resize the photos. Thanks again Jack!

What I need each of you to do is to identify your fly and include the following:

(1) a tyer's name as you want it to appear: either your real name, screen name or a combo of both;
(2) the fly name
(3) your recipe and if you chose, the instructions

Please go to this link and post the above mentioned items to the comments. Once I get the information from everyone, I'll compile a doc and email to Jack so that he can post this information to the swap page.

Let's try to get this done quickly!

did you get all the descriptions and patterns to post it on the fly swap section?

Boss

Boss, unfortunately I am missing 2 of the participants entries. As soon as the last two claim their flies, I'll compile the list and send it to JackM who will post to the PAFF Swap page.

Claim your flies here. Just post a comment under your fly with the requested information.

I started working on the page, but as noted, all the necessaries aren't in hand to complete it.

Jack,

Thanks for all you do...this web site is awesome.

Boss

i just attached my name...i'll do more when i can type again.

Well they work ! The pink worm was a good one!

Did you mean the one that I threw in for you and david? Made with twisted chenille...

I haven't had any luck with them yet, but will have to try again if so

yep - I always have good luck using your flies - I swear that you could tie some dryer lint on a hook and i'd catch fish with it :roll:

I honestly think you catch just as many fish as I do with my flies, and I fish them a whole lot more often...

Hey guys,

Thanks to those who tied extra flys, David sent me an early Xmas present. I checked out the page referenced in the thread to identify them. Some very interesting and attractive patterns.

I look forward to using them.

Thanks again

Maurice

Jaybo,

Your stoneflies were the ticket this weekend in NY. Me and my friend both had multiple hookups on the steelers stone. The eagles stone hooked a red hot fish, and the line wrapped around my thumb. The fly is still in his mouth.

Thanks Mo for all that you do here, the flys are well deserved!

Jay, glad to hear you had success on those bugs! Thanks for sharing the feedback on them. I'm headed to Erie on Wednesday and will put everyone's ties to good use.

By the way, there are still two flys that are unclaimed. As soon as the last two people identify their bugs, I'll compile the list and get them to Jack to put on the Swap page. Please be sure to claim your fly if you've not already done so.

i lost most of the flies from the swap ... i think all i have left are the stones

flipnfly wrote:
i lost most of the flies from the swap ... i think all i have left are the stones

But did you lose them in fish? is the question!

Ok, my fly is claimed. Sorry for the delay. I didn't realize you had to have a photobucket account to make a post, so my posts would just disappear.
Then I had shoulder surgery and didn't feel much like typing until recently.

Hi Guys,

Justed wanted to thank all of your for sharing your wonderful flies with me. I am always delighted to receive these and am always truly impressed with everyones talent in tying flies.

AS David shared with me in a PM I will now have no excuse to head up to Erie next year and he is correct. I look forward to trying these out.

Thanks so much!!

Dave

Next year ? How about next month ? :p

Wait, what's the pink worm? I don't see it on here. Going up there in a couple of weeks and want to make sure I have my bases covered. Just a san juan worm / green weenie but tied in pink? Hoping to be a part this swap next year...sorry I missed it!

Pink San Juan Worm - Jay tied it as an extra for me because I lost my flybox - that and the fact that i always catch fish on his flies no matter how crazy tthey are. I swear to god that they are fish killers .

Back