Quill Gordon Summit Roll Call and Food Prep!

The_Sasquatch wrote:
I figured I'd cover guns, weed, prostitutes, all in one shot.

I haven't checked in for awhile and this is the first post I read. Needless to say I was confused.

They're only right when you don't want them to be. That's bad news. Still better than work.

Yup agreed. Worst case scenario-its cold and wet, the fishing's not that great, but we still sit around the cabin, the wood stove, eating, drinking and telling fish stories. Sounds horrible ;-)

Just checked the forecast & it's warming up a bit! You know what they say up here in Potter? If you don't like the weather just wait an hour it will probably change! I remember back in the mid 90's waking up one Saturday morning & seeing 3" of snow!

Streams should be fine as far as water levels go as long as we don't get a ton of rain.

Tomorrow temps are to reach 70! I'm going to try & get out!

The wild goose breast pastrami is in the brine as of Sunday, will go into the smoker next Thursday morning!

I saw. That Saturday will be close to 50. Not bad!

Like I said...what's the worst that can happen? We get skunked but still have an awesome time? God forbid.

Well, the fish and bugs only really "feel" the water temperature. With sunshine, this may not change drastically.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
We get skunked but still have an awesome time? God forbid.

Sounds like my average outing.

Well, at least the "heavy ice" is now out of the picture for Thursday.

Just got back from being out for a couple of hours on the West Branch of Pine. Probably got too late of a start. Water is cold! 49 deg.! There were Blue Quills & Hendricksons, & spinners of both. No fish rising :-( Fished streamers(Mickey Finns) & caught O ! Hopefully by next week the water will warm up a bit.

8660845763_80294db4b6_c.jpg

Some of the warm front rain that is coming tomorrow should help to warm things up.

The weather keeps improving as we move closer to the date. 50+ degrees on Thursday, Slate should be fishing well.

BradFromPotter wrote:
Just got back from being out for a couple of hours on the West Branch of Pine. Probably got too late of a start. Water is cold! 49 deg.! There were Blue Quills & Hendricksons, & spinners of both. No fish rising :-( Fished streamers(Mickey Finns) & caught O ! Hopefully by next week the water will warm up a bit.

Really nice pic Brad.

Snow here yesterday too.

I'll be there by Friday afternoon for sure. Probably 3ish.

I'll be there Thursday evening around 8:00pm.

Brad, Csoult Sal and I will be there Friday AM FOR SURE, and Wetfly's comin' up on Thursday night. Not sure about Skybay's ETA.

Back