Pot Luck Swap?

Nice bring them on i'm looking forward to get my 10 cent flies from the HIPSTER GFEN

Fredrick wrote:
Nice bring them on i'm looking forward to get my 10 cent flies from the HIPSTER GFEN

I don't think Jay tied for this swap, but yeah, you're right.. 10 cent flies.

Actually, you can't really put a price on the hackle, it came with a tying kit, so you know its top notch quality.

Hey, I must have been the big spender at a closer to 50 cents per fly...the tungsten bead was 37 cents all by itself...(most got tungsten...I ran out towards the end so some of you may receive 29 cent flies instead...sorry).

Boss

Fisherman J- Has everyone sent you the pattern and material lists so that it can be put up on the swaps section with pics?

Boss

boss_steb wrote:
Hey, I must have been the big spender at a closer to 50 cents per fly...the tungsten bead was 37 cents all by itself...(most got tungsten...I ran out towards the end so some of you may receive 29 cent flies instead...sorry).

Boss

Jeez, you need my tung connection. Send PM for details.

I will not be giving my recipe for lasagna :oops:

I just check the mail and my flies are here.
Great job everybody!! Can't wait to fish them.
Thanks to all and especially flyfishermanj for doing this swap.

Nothing here yet and I only live 30 min. away...just another perfect record for the US Postal Service...

My flies are sitting at the local post office because they say I owe 51 cents lol.

Great ties everyone - Thank you!

A great looking selection of flies waiting for me after work tonight! Only 3 toetags in my batch, so I hope the rest fess up to what they tied. Thanks everyone, and thanks FlyfishermanJ for hosting.
Mike.

FT,
i tied the hares ear that you got 2 of with the phesant back and the black bead head and the copper wire rib

FrequentTyer wrote:
A great looking selection of flies waiting for me after work tonight! Only 3 toetags in my batch, so I hope the rest fess up to what they tied.

The Walmart Special, a budget-minded Partridge-and-Orange.

Hornberg 88 "Variant." Wet. Dry. Streamer? Whatever. Effective. I usually don't do the flatwing, but I did this time. Because. Just because.

Apparantly you have to goto the actual slide show to get the witty captions for rthe two slideshows.

I tied the bay anchovy pattern . Gfen when do you think you will have the pics ready ?

I got mine today! I tied the size 16 beetle - turkey feather back, peacock body, gold ribbing.

Fredrick wrote:
I tied the bay anchovy pattern . Gfen when do you think you will have the pics ready ?

Let me work on getting the flies, first. :)

Apparantly, my handwriting is illegible and it took extra time for our good host to decipher the address.

I tied two flies..

First Fly was the Banksia Bug (green caddis with a UV body over thread and wire with a bead head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG8He3mpa7k

Second fly was my scrap fly- tan caddis with fox squirrel head...nice spikey stuff

Boss

Gotta a couple back today, will have them shipped tomorrow. The post office is probably the hardest thing about these swaps!!

I tied the Copper John and the Midge.

Back