Paflyfish Spring Jamboree 2024 - Save the date!

For us yinzers headed out to jam, yellow creek should be in decent shape
And might have green drakes hatching too

For us yinzers headed out to jam, yellow creek should be in decent shape
And might have green drakes hatching too
Bill, where do you access Yellow creek?

The FFO section by Loysburg has a decent size parking lot
It's off of jacks corner road.
Can also access it from along route 36 above the FFO project.
And downstream of the FFO project, there is a short posted section.
But below that, its open all the way to where it meets the Raystown branch.

When headed out Al?
I'm going out today

I should get there tomorrow around 7 or so. Not sure if I am gonna come straight to the cabin or stop and fish spring on the way in. I guess it depends on time / weather. Staying in cabin 54. Cant wait to meet you folks and have a few beers.

Jack, I need some indicator to indicate, design one for skybay.

Carlsberg copy

Everyone have a great time and enjoy the company of fellow fly fishermen/women.

I'm thinking of bringing float tubes and hitting Colyer or Poe Lake. Brown water trout fishing doesn't do it for me anymore.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
Dear Tim,

There are some sizable chain picks in Colyer these days.

Regards ,
Jifigz

Dear Tim,

There are some sizable chain picks in Colyer these days.

Regards ,
Jifigz
Even though we haven't fished Poe lake hard the last couple years, haven't seen any picks last couple years. 20 years ago you could usually catch a few.

Even though we haven't fished Poe lake hard the last couple years, haven't seen any picks last couple years. 20 years ago you could usually catch a few.
They're still in Poe Lake.. I've never caught a big one from there, though.

Dear jifigz,

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see what other folks want to do, but I'm just going for the tuggage. Bass, bluegills, crappies, perch and pickerel all work well for me.

Regards,

I fished colyer one year during a jam. Felt it to be really shallow. Maybe it was Whipple. O got no problem fishing in the rain.

I fished colyer one year during a jam. Felt it to be really shallow. Maybe it was Whipple. O got no problem fishing in the rain.
Whipple is really shallow and much smaller than Colyer. Whipple gets stocked with trout and Colyer doesn't.

Both small impoundments have LMB and gills and whatnot..

Must have bee Whipple then. Long time ago. The spring jam isxa social event for me. The fishing is a bonus if it's not blown out. I'll fish. But I enjoy all the people and meeting them in person. It's a good bunch.

Must have bee Whipple then. Long time ago. The spring jam isxa social event for me. The fishing is a bonus if it's not blown out. I'll fish. But I enjoy all the people and meeting them in person. It's a good bunch.
Dear Tom,

Pretty much my exact sentiments. But I do want some tuggage, and sunnies and crappies and perch and bass work fine for me. If I can find my second set of fins, I'll have 2 float tubes with vests and fins in the truck!

Regards,

Be there in couple hours
Bill, where do you access Yellow creek?
Hit it today. Yellow Should fish well tomorrow especially since some biggies are blown. Tan caddis, sulphers, sulpher spinners and 1 GD.

Dear jifigz,

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see what other folks want to do, but I'm just going for the tuggage. Bass, bluegills, crappies, perch and pickerel all work well for me.

Regards,

If I was coming to the jam, I'd join you. But I can't.

Everybody have fun.

Back