PAFF Annual Spring Jamboree 2010

Participation in "events" will be optional. This is why I'd like to spend some time in setting up in a logical manner. If an area is set aside for speakers or demonstrations, folks wanting to participate will have some privacy from the rest of the crowd and the rest of the crowd won't be "shushed" for talking during presentations.

Also, we need to control parking, vehicle movement and also people movement so that everyone can have a great time without making hassles for others.

If we get the same or larger crowd as last year, I think a little planning and set up will be very beneficial.

I'll be there late friday morning so I will def. be able to help setup. I mentioned before that I got some stickers that would work for name tags. I'll bring them along, I think they should be enough.

Andy

JackM wrote:
Participation in "events" will be optional. This is why I'd like to spend some time in setting up in a logical manner. If an area is set aside for speakers or demonstrations, folks wanting to participate will have some privacy from the rest of the crowd and the rest of the crowd won't be "shushed" for talking during presentations.

Also, we need to control parking, vehicle movement and also people movement so that everyone can have a great time without making hassles for others.

If we get the same or larger crowd as last year, I think a little planning and set up will be very beneficial.

Jack

I remember last year Rudy was upset about all the cars down at my place at the coffee gathering. Im thinking maybe everyone should walk to my place. Then after we all figure where we're going and who with, then head for our cars.

What do you think?

PaulG

Paul, the walk to your place from the pavilion is not far and the bathroom is almost in between. I think people should park at the pavilion if they need to drive at all. Just save my usual spot. :cool:

hemlock2010.jpg

I am approved for three days vacation, and am ready to go. Now's time to start tying flies.

The jam is the highlight of my fishing year. Can't wait.

I will gladly walk over for a cup of hot fresh coffee in the morning!!

As long as it's ready before the fish start rising I'll be there too! Can't wait. I've started tying a few new patterns for the JAM. Looking forward to it already!

9 more weeks.

What's the earliest anyone has record of the Green Drakes coming? Possiblility of them being there during the JAM?

I would not count on any green drakes at the jam. I asked Jonas to guess, but can't remember what he picked. I'd like to see them on the long memorial day weekend.

Green drake nymphs are fun to tie, and pretty effective. I would bring some. They should be active.

Jay, Jonas predicted they would start a little bit early (I thought) at around May 28. My prediction is they will start June 2, give or take a week on either side :cool:

Darn... might have to plan another trip up there to hit the Drakes... so disapointed. (insert sarcasm)

Change of plans. My sister's graduation is on the 21st... I'm going to see what I can do.

Graduation ceremony's rank right up there with hooking myself in the eye on a cast. I hate them. Tell someone to tape it and you can watch it while the spinners are falling.

She's my little sister. Wouldn't miss it for the world, no matter how painful. There's an off chance that I'll make it in enough time to fish Friday evening.

Not so bad. I didn't make it up till late Friday last year and missed the March Brown spinnerfall.

Don't worry Jay I will tell how the fishing was while you were gone :p

gentlemen,this has been a very hard decision.i can't believe i'm going to say this,but,gulp,i might not ride my motorcycle to the jam.

i would like to bring my guitar,and perhaps a banjo and lots of harmonicas.

also i am trying to get my girlfriend to go.her last camping experience was bad,with ex-fishing partners of mine who were,let's say,boerish .

she knows how highly i think of all of you and is entertaining the idea of joining me.

so,guitar(s),camping gear,fishing gear plus girlfriend(even though she is very small)means more than i can carry on a motorcycle.

i might rent a car,as i haven't bought the studebaker of my dreams yet.

i have been going to school full time since november and have perfect attendance .we have school on saturdays.i think i will leave for coburn after school friday and play hookie on saturday.i'm tempted to take friday off too.

don't worry shakey, if it's a nice weekend, I might ride one of my old beemers out, your more than welcome to take it for a spin if you decide to drive a cage! I understank your dilemma, I go through that myself when planning trips. when we take the bike, it's usually most of the fishing gear that gets left behind.

mighty kind.if you do decide to ride,i can lend you a rod!

oh, I'll manage to bring a rod or two! my girlfriend is staying home that weekend so I'll have lots of space no matter what vehicle I take! I'll gladly test cast any old glass or boo you happen to bring though!

Back