PA Opening Day plans

Are we gonna loose the zero percent of conservation activity from you over this? Does that mean your pealing off a bumper sticker or something? Unscrewing the back the brookie license olate perhaps?

At how many generations of lineage does one cease to an invasive species and become a naturalized resident???

Asking for a friend named brownie….

Also since I’d bet most of us aren’t pure blood native Americans, aren’t we then invasive species ourselves?

Are we gonna loose the zero percent of conservation activity from you over this? Does that mean your pealing off a bumper sticker or something? Unscrewing the back the brookie license olate perhaps?
Oh if well could all be like fish sticks, the world would be…. Well that’s a world I’m not interested in living in.

At how many generations of lineage does one cease to an invasive species and become a naturalized resident???

Asking for a friend named brownie….

Also since I’d bet most of us aren’t pure blood native Americans, aren’t we then invasive species ourselves?
Native Americans and Europeans are the same species and even if they weren’t Europeans migrated on their own. To be the same species two organisms must be able to reproduce and their offspring must also be able to reproduce. Brookies and browns make tiger trout but those tiger trout cannot successfully reproduce, but I’m pretty sure that a baby had between a Native American and European would be able to reproduce just fine.

Development was ranked below invasive brown trout by the numbers
View attachment 1641229558
Sorry, I’m not impressed. The other factors on that list except for BT easily go together as part of development/urbanization and I note that ag isn’t even mentioned on that list. Nor are lasting effects of past mining practices in NC, NE, SE, NW, and SW Pa.

Last edited:
New to fly fishing and going on our annual fishing trip with my uncle, cousins, brother in law, and dad to Sinnemahoning State Park. First time up there for all of us. Looks like the First Fork will be running high and fast, and fishing might be tough, but it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve dealt with less than favorable elements. If anyone has any pointers, I’m all ears. Also recommendations on bars/restaurants in the area would be much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone on their opening day!

New to fly fishing and going on our annual fishing trip with my uncle, cousins, brother in law, and dad to Sinnemahoning State Park. First time up there for all of us. Looks like the First Fork will be running high and fast, and fishing might be tough, but it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve dealt with less than favorable elements. If anyone has any pointers, I’m all ears. Also recommendations on bars/restaurants in the area would be much appreciated.

Potter County Pub opened last fall in Costello last fall at the same place that was formerly Costello Inn and before that Schumacher's Inn. They serve brick oven pizza, burgers,wings,fish, etc.
I fish the Fork pretty regular . Fish the seams and tight to the bank. Maybe Ill see you on the crick or in the bar.
Looks like quite the weather roller coaster this weekend.

Last edited:
Another thread highjacked by the brook trout zealots.
Yep, but honestly I kind of expected it when I chose the topic for thread . It's all good. I'm A pretty easy going fella.
In separate news,this is my first thread with over a hundred replies and its kind of disappointing there is no trophy for that.😁

Hey, when you say "new" to fly fishing I'm not sure how new that makes you.... But if you're chasing stockies, especially rainbows, make sure you have some kind of egg pattern and a pink worm pattern of some kind. A streamer/minnow pattern is good to have, too, because sometimes they don't want to eat but you can get that reactionary strike from them, so to speak.

Yep, but honestly I kind of expected it when I chose the topic for thread . It's all good. I'm A pretty easy going fella.
In separate news,this is my first thread with over a hundred replies and its kind of disappointing there is no trophy for that.😁

You can't put it on your mantle, but here's a trophy from me: ;)

Trout in Pan 2C4x3

You shouldn’t have expected a thread about opening day fishing plans to devolve into another one of the brook trout zealots’ conservation at all costs rants. You’d think by now these tone deaf 🤡 would see that 99% of the forum members are sick and tired of their thread highjacking but they just don’t get it.

As to the OP it brought back some good memories for me so thanks!

Potter County Pub opened last fall in Costello last fall at the same place that was formerly Costello Inn and before that Schumacher's Inn. They serve brick oven pizza, burgers,wings,fish, etc.
I fish the Fork pretty regular . Fish the seams and tight to the bank. Maybe Ill see you on the crick or in the bar.
Looks like quite the weather roller coaster this weekend.
Nice! Sounds right up our alley. And I appreciate the pointers, so thank you.

While it does look rough, nasty weather always makes for good memories and stories, and makes you appreciate the comforts of home once you return. And if you catch something it feels twice as good.

I’ve never gone out opening day. Didn’t start fishing until late teens. The guy who got me into fly fishing didn’t go out opening day so I guess I just wasn’t reared, so to speak, in that tradition. I will go out the following week and fill my freezer with stockies for the smoker. 😁

Hey, when you say "new" to fly fishing I'm not sure how new that makes you.... But if you're chasing stockies, especially rainbows, make sure you have some kind of egg pattern and a pink worm pattern of some kind. A streamer/minnow pattern is good to have, too, because sometimes they don't want to eat but you can get that reactionary strike from them, so to speak.
Haha I mean brand spanking new. I’ve been out 4 times for a couple hours at a time and haven’t had so much as a follow. Mostly just learning the basics, but wouldn’t be mad if I caught a fish while doing so :)

I’ll definitely have to pick some of those up before I get out there. Thanks for the tips!

Back