Need some input on a product I'm designing

I just bought 10

Nope, nothing like that either, although it will have a case ;)

mike_richardson wrote:

Why are you winking. Are you implying that it will not have a case? Or will it have a case ironically? Or do you like me?

if it is the latter PM me

Don’t do like TFO and charge extra for the case. Include it in the price.

So this si essentiall a case to carry your fly tying materials that also has it's own case.

Kind of like double bagging it.

GreenWeenie wrote:
Don’t do like TFO and charge extra for the case. Include it in the price.

So this si essentiall a case to carry your fly tying materials that also has it's own case.

Kind of like double bagging it.

it is best to double bag everything when in N.J.

N8ureboy wrote:
mike_richardson wrote:

Why are you winking. Are you implying that it will not have a case? Or will it have a case ironically? Or do you like me?

if it is the latter PM me
Hey now, the only hooking up on here is for fishin.With flies... not fishin in flies. :roll:
Looking forward to havin a gander at what you're making there Mike.

Not a lawyer but GW and JackM got me thinking about the name. I am fairly sure the folks at Richardson Chest Fly Box, also of PA and quite famous, would not want you riding their coattails. Richardson may be your real name but that may not be good enough.

I'm gonna name it "pretty fly for a white guy"

It's nice to dream big, but please consider the amount of items already on the market for what you are asking advice on. I own 2 vices, one of which I take on while hiking on unfamiliar streams that includes a mini fold out table that set's up almost like a suitcase with a notch to hold the vice, and slots to hold materials (which I take out of my plastic baggies), and drilled holes to hold my tools. It can fit in a backpack, isn't heavy, and didn't cost me very much. If I were you, I'd get it made and get it out there. Make a good, cost effective product, and get it to the masses.

Company name is no problem and you probably can name it anything you like but product name is different and you could have a trademark infringement.

So I took the some of the suggestions of people in this thread, plus a few of my own ideas, and made a quick model. I hope OP will find this useful and maybe can deliver!

Here's the first view. You can see the iDevice dock, the super huge handy magnet, the ashtray for cigars, and a screen for watching tying videos.
uBpVipB.png

Here's a side view. The top is telescopic so you can put as much gear in there as you need!!! There is also a super secret back hatch area for super secrets. Man, that ash tray looks sweet from this angle.
IFySXeL.png

Final view, just another shot highlighting that awesome screen. OP, I better geeet a cut of the profit or something, this thing looks awesome.
Tl3gYcn.png

Post your replies up! maybe i'll edit the model and poast moar.

I want more feedback, if OP doesn't use this maybe I'll make these. I want thing to be as [d]ridiclous[/d] awesome as possible.

Awesome. Forgot the cup holder tho.

If you need investors let me know.

Just had another idea. It needs some kind of built-in motorized line cleaner. I have a couple of different ideas on how to implement this, if you'd like to hear.

JasonS wrote:
Just had another idea. It needs some kind of built-in motorized line cleaner. I have a couple of different ideas on how to implement this, if you'd like to hear.

I'm all ears...

wsender - I'm still using an iPhone 4. Will I be able to dock it or is this going to force me to upgrade to an iPhone 5?

Sender, Absolutely Incredible! I want to buy serial number 1 - it is sure to be a collector's item.

This is going to be a sprint to the production line to see who can get product out to the public first.

Oh yes, sender, you forgot the racing stripes

Never mind, i was too much in awe of the prototype and failed to notice the racing stripes - very subtle and incorporated with so much class.

GreenWeenie wrote:
Never mind, i was too much in awe of the prototype and failed to notice the racing stripes - very subtle and incorporated with so much class.

Thanks, I didn't want to go too over the top.

Back