Need some input on a product I'm designing

I'm hoping this new endeavor does not get in the way of the proposed attempt to start restoring the "Little Conemaugh River Watershed" It sounded like a great idea when you were posting about it.I even made a trip to the "POINT" where the Stonycreek and the Little Conemaugh flow together to see about getting my buddy to take some pics of the drastic difference between the 2 , but both creeks were high and muddy. Just hope this new project doesn't derail that. Maybe you could use the name CONEMAUGH in the name of the case and bring in some support.

Great idea osprey. Will consider it. P LAN on giving back some profit. Even if it is to bring awareness as you said

in all these posts about racing stripes and ipod docks you guys all missed the most important feature - DIGI-CAMO! Especially considering this is to be a mobile product.

How would you see it?

Does anyone place a "placard" for lack of better terms, behind their vice while tying to help your eyes focus. I am thinking of having a small alligator clip for this type of thing. I don't use them but mostly because I do not have a way of attaching one. I believe you can buy something that will slide over the post of your vice.

I am thinking of having a small alligator clip for this type of thing.

As a side note, this could probably pull double duty as a roach clip.

mike - a simple slot might be a simple way of mounting a piece of cardboard as a placard.

tl
les

Good idea les trout. I thought that these aligator clips could also work to hold template patterns as well.

I have never used those little wooden stands with individual posts to hold spools of thread, tinsel, wire, etc. I just keep them in my fly tying desk and can find things quite readily. I also have about a dozen bobbins loaded with various colors and diameters of thread so I don't have to go into my drawers very often.

Attachments

• Fly Tying Desk.JPG
    Fly Tying Desk.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Thread Drawers.JPG
    Thread Drawers.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 2
Just a quick bump. I had a meeting and my VP is on board to set up a project scope. Just thought I would get one more round if possible of insight on this product before i complete my presentation for our sit down meeting. I want to copy constructive input and print out this feedback and show how i met your demands in the product.

Thank you for all of the constructive input!

A small light and magnifying glass. A foam patch to stick flies to let them dry would be good.

You should also make sure the vice has interchangeable jaws so the device can be used for salt and warm water flies. And make the storage areas modular so you can pull out the trout stuff and insert the salt stuff easily -that would really be awesome. And make provisions for a rotary drier because salt flies use epoxy heads and you need to dry the on a rotary drier to assure a nice head.

This may be more that envisioned but the more you can modularize the more add ons you can offer and more add ons means more revenue.

Good point. The base Model will be exclusively for trout. Then salt water then warm water. Being my main point is mobility do u think people would want a battery opperated light.

Lol nick. I actually could have used that the other day for my phone. I was learning a new pattern from youtube

NickR wrote:
Ipod dock?

if you look back this was my brilliant idea.
and magnets

But what would be cool is if it was made out of or fit in an old school fish basket. You know the wicker kind? that would add some cool nostalgic aesthetics

Back