Recent Rain

We finally got some meaningful rain. (SE, Chester Co.) The storm Tues night was a monsoon and though it was torrential, most would have run off. With it there were winds of 60+and we (and many others) lost power. Our area was particularly hard hit. A tree punched holes in a neighbors roof and took out power lines. We had three separate rain events after that a couple were beneficial. Also on a positive note we got our power back today.

Now's the time to fish for those BIG BROWNS>. GG

Here in York, we got wrecked yesterday. Sheer winds dropped a tree on every road for about 4 miles. I spent 2 hours with 2 other neighbors just trying to clear one lane up from my house. Whole woodline was toppled like dominos. Then today, we got sent home early from work as we were only being powered by a generator and thats not enough for what we do. So i spent 3 hours cutting up one tree in this blasted humid heat. I think i have about 5 weekends worth of work with my saw to do, plus im so behind on building my shed that im about ready to weep some tears. I just want to go fishing dang it.
Hopefully you have a fireplace or wood burning stove?

We had about .2 inches of rain last night unexpectedly. Starting to sprinkle here and I see some rain on the radar. Looks like rain may start around 11pm and last several hours. Hopefully it hits about 3 hours west of the Philly area for you guys.

We got a lengthy rain in Adams County today. Some mixed heavy downpours coupled with some sustained rain. First time in a long time.

Looks like Centre, Clinton, and Pine Creek area did well. Only .57 in Hershey but northern Dauphin did better. Need more in the Swatara watershed particularly the upper parts.

A pirate walks into a pub with a roll of paper towels on his head and orders some rum. The tavern owner brings him his drink and asks, “ Did you know that there’s a roll of paper towels on your head?” The pirate says, “Aye, there’s a Bounty on me head. Arrrr!”

We got some serious and needed rain in Clinton last night. Rain guage got a leaf in it, guessing 2 inches or better. Gauge on pine creek at cedar run is showing 3.5 in of rain.

Probably would have been better to get an inch of rain over 12 hours as opposed to a cloudburst.

It rained in the lock haven area for an hour in the afternoon. 3 hours in the evening and then from 10 to about 2. Yes, much of the significant precip probably came in 2 different 1 hour slots, we did get several hours of steady rain yesterday.

Not much in Pike .... < .25 in. Same with Monroe and Northampton. Upper Wayne got a good amount in some areas as the Upper D is up quite a bit. Rain was spotty unless the affected area got a deluge.

Last edited:
Wasnt even wet under the car here in central Bucks county

Not everywhere got what they needed, but, good nonetheless.

The Pine’s lower gauge (Waterville) is a black dot on the USGS site. Signifying the highest flow rate for this date versus all historical flow rates (back to 1957 for this particular gauge) for this date of the year. Crazy the swings that can happen.

Had some meetings at work that I couldn’t skip out on today, so unfortunately I couldn’t taken advantage of it. Hopefully some of you guys are.

Back