Muskie Flies

so, been trying to add a few more patterns to the "Toothy Case", so I have one question: anyone have a recipe for the "Figure 8"?

I've never heard if that fly. Do you know who the tyer is?

Bill Scherer, I believe...

In checked it out and to me looks mostly like a Hangtime with some substitutions with synthetics. I could be wrong I was looking at them on my phone so the detail isn't as good as a computer

In checked it out and to me looks mostly like a Hangtime with some substitutions with synthetics. I could be wrong I was looking at them on my phone so the detail isn't as good as a computer

I mix a lot of type or style into a fly. I also mix Hairs and synthetics it works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
Another mix

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3
Really like that last one plombardo. Great contrast

Nice ties! Are those craft fur heads? If so I have begun to experiment with those types as well and I'm curious to see what it looks like in the water.

not really related, but I found this when browsing for new patterns...since when did Clouser's fly shop slap the Clouser name on to Will Ryan's Sparkle Grub?

The product is Gliss N Glint a Deer Creek UK product. It is like Farrah blend but way Better stuff. The colors really stand out in the water. Theses are rather large flies. I am now trying to cut down the amout of hair on flies. Sparsely tied fly With front that pushes water. Single hook 2/0. B10 or gamma 5/0 550 spinnerbait hook. Using shanks for articulation.

^where could I get some Gliss and Glint? I hear about it all the time for tying pike/muskie flies but I can't seem to find a source for it here.

I've been enjoying the discussion here, gents!

At my usual spot, the bass guys seem to get a lot of "by-catches" on crankbaits. Then it hit me...an over-sized wiggle minnow. The first attempt looks like something outta frankenstein, but I'm interested to see if it swims like I'm picturing on a sink line.

If it actually works, a bigger hook is in order.

11229425863_2f6f75f249_z.jpg

Casters fly shop is one. I sent message to owner for a list. It is Great stuff and best uv resin you can find

This pattern I've been itching to tie..still playing around with synthetics...can't wait to see it swim. This is Ghetto Tramp by Nick Granato

B5463EB9-F9D9-49CC-8DA3-D99A21D7D7BA_zpspvhngsna.jpg

Another ghetto tramp in alewife/gizzard shad imitation

5289B4C3-B3A5-47CC-A582-6FB3025AE57D_zps1othetvr.jpg

0F162FEC-69AC-47AF-908E-5D8C928C4BE5_zpssukb6suh.jpg

Nice ties crawdad. Thing looks spooky as hell.

Thanks bro, I love the bass skirt on this fly, I am very curious to see how it looks in the water

Happy New Year to all the musky nuts here.

Back