Meat Box Swap

Well we know that the girl in your avatar isn't hiding them in her shirt.

LRSA,

Your flies showed up today!!!!

JH

You serious? Lol I possibly might have a little more faith in our mail system.

You serious? Lol I possibly might have a little more faith in our mail system.

Yeah, my wife looked @ me funny when I got home and a butcher's dog smile on my face when I seen the package!!! Had to prove to her that they were flies!!!

JH

Who is left to get flies from?

There is no need to identify the remaining tyer. I do hope that there is a reasonable deadline and at that time the flies will be sent out. This is completely up to the swapmeister.

Here is the recipe I used for my flies.

Olive Peanut Envy Fly Tying Recipe
?Thread: Olive
?Back Hook: #6 or any 3X-4X Long, Straight Eye Streamer Hook
?Tail: Olive marabou, w/ 2-4 strands of Copper Flashabou on each side
?Body: Olive Ice Dub
?Hackle: Olive or Sculpin Olive Strung Rooster Saddle
?Rib: Copper Ultra Wire
?Legs: Golden Yellow/Pearl Flake Barred Crazy Legs
?Wing: 1-2 Plumes of Olive Marabou
?Connection: Beadalon .038 nylon coated stainless wire, 19 strand ( I get it at Michaels Craft stores ). 1-2 Large Red Glass Beads.
?Front Hook: Daiichi 1710 # 2 or similar
?All materials for the body are the same as the back hook
?Head: Black Nickel Large Brass Cone head
?Collar: Peacock Ice Dub

Hey guys, I completely forgot about this. I bowed out being that I'm holding this up. As a consolation, PM me your address and I'll mail you some meat box worthy hooks.

Now that all flies are in, I will try my best to get them out this week. Bear with me, I am extremely busy @ work.

JH

later this week, tomorrow(wed) is no good but thur and friday look hopeful. sorry about this guys. work is really crazy

JH

post some pictures when you guys have some time. I've been waiting to check these out. My streamer tying skills are lacking and I'm anxious to see what everyone else uses.

Ffj no problem just wondering thanks

Finally got a break from the craziness!! Some will be mailed tomorrow and the rest will be in the mail by Saturday. Sorry for the delay, got my workload doubled @ work and made life crazy for awhile there.

JH

Well, I would have mailed some today if I brought the right box home!!

I want to see some pics of the flies

Well, I spoke too soon, the craziness came back full tilt and I missed to the post office and left the boxes on my desk. I got the break, but it is family vacation time, when I get back on wed. I will mail them out, no later then thur. Really sorry for the delay.

JH

Crap, I really could have used these for my trip up to the Delaware this coming weekend.

Got the swap flies. These suckers are huge! Everyone did a killer job. The articulated ones look like they could've given birth to my little Slumpbusters. I think you guys are compensating for something ;-)

Attachments

• streamerswap (550x640).jpg
    streamerswap (550x640).jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 3
Back