Meat Box Swap

Midnight, yea I really liked the concept and when I fished it certain ways it looked really nice, but I was fishing a medium size stream with a 4wt and floating line.

I was a little worried about that - a lot of guys I know don't even own a sinktip, let alone full sinking line. That's a pattern that fishes best from a boat in relatively big water.

Yea I use sink leaders, but only use them on the Lehigh or Delaware. Never saw the need for tips, unless I am fishing salt. But again, I really like the pattern. I had a big boy explode on it the other day, but I think it refused at the last second, because it waked.

Get the mini-sink tips that Cortland makes. They sell them cheap at ****s. You definitely need them to throw some unweighted big streamers. They get much more action than adding lead or a fishskull to them.

dubthethorax wrote:
Get the mini-sink tips that Cortland makes. They sell them cheap at ****s.

Sweet! Good to know...I only had one, but I [d]packed it away where it belongs and now can't find it[/d] lost it at some point this summer.

jay348 wrote:
dubthethorax wrote:
Get the mini-sink tips that Cortland makes. They sell them cheap at ****s.

Sweet! Good to know...I only had one, but I [d]packed it away where it belongs and now can't find it[/d] lost it at some point this summer.

http://www.fishusa.com/Cortland-Mini-Head-Kits_p.html?source=googleps&gclid=CO7ZtcPozLQCFSWoPAodVEwA4A

$12 online. Not a bad deal at all in case ****s no longer has them. I think I paid $8 for mine.

or buy 100' of cortland lead core and cut whatever lentghs you need. all the mini heads you will ever need..

sandfly wrote:
or buy 100' of cortland lead core and cut whatever lentghs you need. all the mini heads you will ever need..

Where do you buy the heat shrink loop to loop connectors? Or do you just nail knot it?

Hey Jay, I sent you a pm again regarding the boogie man and Saturday. Let me know if you have received it.

Back