Meat Box Swap

thanks beeber ^, you reminded me I wanted to say I decided on white as well for the boogiemen...not to cramp your style or anything, those were just the materials I had.

I'm in with JJ's. Either size 2 or 4 gotta see what I have for hooks.

Oh, as to colors, mine will be olive over white.

im in with the articulated butt monkey, the main color is olive

Deadline has passed, we have a total of 12 tiers which means you are to tie 11 flies with any extras going to to Dave K and the mods. Will PM my address this weekend.

JH

hate to do this, but I have to bow out. sorry, but I'd rather remove myself now than hold everything up at the end!

So. I'm looking at a total of 15, then? Got 6 done so far, just waiting for more zonker strips to finish the rest.

progress...

Attachments

• icepick.jpg
    icepick.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 4
Ok, so do we have 11 or 12 tyers? How many more do I need to tye for the Mod's. Total number?? I want to start but want to make sure Im prepping for enough too.

i'll take that spot id you will accept a sculpin, i know its not articulated but thought i would try, I can get them done in a day or two so I wont hold things up

Meat Swap 2011

flyfishermanj - TBA
turkey - Slumpbusters
HuntinFool - sculpin *Replaces David
sniperfreak223 - Ice Pick
jay348 - boogieman
LSRABecker - Zoo Cougar
GRP - Olive Peanut Envy
mooney4 - TBA
beeber2 - beeber slumpbusters
wsender - Chubby Muffins
auger9 - Butt Monkey
drews - JJ Special

We have 12 tiers, that means you need to tie 11 for the swap and any extras will go to the Mods(4) and Dave K.

damn...I guess it's too late to jump in, huh? I missed this one.

Address has been PM'd, if you didn't get it let me know.

JH

Mine will be going out tomorrow.

Well, Here's the recipe for mine, as I forgot to include my note cards with the flies.

Rear hook: Mustad 3366, size 4
Thread: 6/0 Light Cahill UNI thread
Foul Guard: loop of 20# mono
Tail: gray marabou
Wing: Barred olive zonker strip
Belly: Minnow Belly (pearl) ice dub, picked out
Collar: Senyo's Lazer Dub, olive over white

Articulation Point: 7-strand beading wire and 2 clear glass beads

Front hook: Mustad 3366, size 1
Thread: 6/0 Light Cahill UNI thread
Tail: white ice dub under gray marabou
Wing: Barred olive zonker strip
Belly: Minnow Belly Ice Dub
Gills: Red Senyo's Lazer Dub
Collar: Senyo's Lazer Dub, olive over white
Head: Golden Chartreuse Fish Skull

Hope ya like 'em...never tried them on trout, mostly because they're bigger than most of my local trout, but they're killer on bass and pike. If anyone uses them for trout, please show me the results.

Attachments

• articulatedicepick.jpg
    articulatedicepick.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
WOW! that looks great!! I can't wait to try that out on Wallenpaupack. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and my buddy and I were catching a few Pike! Nice work

Just a quick question:
The barred zonker strip, Im assuming its rabbit? Ever use squirrel zonkers for that pattern?

Yes, it's rabbit...I've used squirrel in the single version, but never the articulated version.

Also, the single hook version is quickly becoming my go-to smallmouth fly, in olive/white, gray/white, white, and chartreuse/white.

Attachments

• singleicepick.jpg
    singleicepick.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2
Back