Manor Hotel! Slate Run

maxima12 wrote:
Salvilinus, Wonder if it was possible you rented a cabin in Oleana from Marty and Ruth Godra. They owned the little store, gas station there! It was funny, Marty, from Maine, used to ride Moose! They would pull their boat up next to a Moose swimming a lake and Marty would jump out of boat onto Moose's back. Ride it till it got close to shore, then jump off. Marty said it was fun but make sure you get off moose before he hits land. Godra's are gone from that little store. Nice people! Hope they have faired well!

I remember stopping at Godra's store, and getting a cheeseburger there. Marty was telling Maine stories. But he didn't tell the one about riding moose. That's amazing.

What else, spill the beans, did you stop at the bridge below Godra's walk through the thick vines and entanglement downstream 150yards to the bend in the stream and fish the beaver hole! I don't know the name, but beavers had a way of living there! As I recall a small feeder floats in at the bend! Very good place to fish, if your a hillbilly! I sure do like Hillbillies! Some real nice folk up there! But, then again, take a good left look and then a good right look! Seems beautiful people are everywhere.

The Beautiful people! Marilyn Manson!

7 mile rd, Gouldsboro, shooting range! Thank you! Glad to be safe! A couple hundred miles away! A mile, a hundred, a thousand, only as far as in your mind! All over, Pa. beautiful!

Yeah, baby, Yeah!

M12

Recall, Hell, that's the facts! Go fishing! Some of them want to use you! Some will abuse you!

Well, getting back to Slate Run and Manor Hotel! Isn't it funny a warm water Pine Creek, stocked by the Brown Trout Club with those jumbo's in and near Slate Run has become a popular destination of thousands.

One thing nice to know. The fly fishermen that don't like stocking of fish and the fly fishermen that only fish for wild trout, well, I guess I don't have to worry seeing you here! You most likely would not like it!

For those who do like it. Enjoy all that is offered at Slate Run Store and why not top the whole great event off by having a cold beer at the Manor Hotel!

Most of all, just enjoy doing it and give a thank you for being able to do it

maxima12 wrote:
Well, getting back to Slate Run and Manor Hotel! Isn't it funny a warm water Pine Creek, stocked by the Brown Trout Club with those jumbo's in and near Slate Run has become a popular destination of thousands.

One thing nice to know. The fly fishermen that don't like stocking of fish and the fly fishermen that only fish for wild trout, well, I guess I don't have to worry seeing you here! You most likely would not like it!

I haven't seen flyfishers advocating ending stocking on Pine Creek.

It's been a very popular flyfishing destination for a very long time.

Reducing stocking over wild trout, especially native brook trout, would make more hatchery trout available to stock in Pine Creek and similar streams.

troutbert wrote:
maxima12 wrote:

I haven't seen flyfishers advocating ending stocking on Pine Creek.

It's been a very popular flyfishing destination for a very long time.

Reducing stocking over wild trout, especially native brook trout, would make more hatchery trout available to stock in Pine Creek and similar streams.

I couldn't agree more.

Back