Lancaster Fly Fishing Show: 3-4 Mar 2018

hey Canoetripper, sorry i missed ya, ended up going a bit earlier than i planned. $56 for 3 yeunglings is insane, not sure what happened there but i had tacos and 3 IPAs and wasn't even close to that...

That town is taken over by hipsters. Juice bars, yoga studios and skinny jeans for miles.

The show overall was good. Got to meet tons of people I only knew from online which is always fun. If I were to complain about anything, it's a general complaint... time for some new speakers to talk about some new topics. I heard some good things about a few speakers but some have been the exact same for a long time. In the world of fly fishing where things are changing but constant, a little bit of change isn't a bad thing.

that's good because it used to be crackheads and white guys who thought they were gang bangers.

tomgamber wrote:
that's good because it used to be crackheads and white guys who thought they were gang bangers.

In that you are correct. It's neat to see some of the history in that town too. I admire more of the old buildings every year when I go. I ate at the Lancaster Tap Room and had a good sandwich and a double chocolate milk stout on nitro that was really good.

yes,
My past recollection of the Lancaster area isn't flattering. However I have had to occasion to attend events at F&M over the last couple winters and the general appearance has at least improved. Again, good to see some turnaround.

I'm sorry I missed the cigar bar posts.
Don't know the name of the street....i go to the bar for lunch and a drink and smoke whenever there for the show. Leave the show turn left at the square and go down the block 1/2way on right is the one I go to.
It's not cheap but it's like a holiday for me.
Next show I'll pay more attention and try to meet up.

Back