Fly Fishing Elitism (from an outsiders perspective)

Dear jifigz,

In Lancaster, Lebanon, and Berks County it's pronounced "vunce" 😉

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂
Ol' HopBack and my brother-in-law were pointing out my excessive PA Dutch usage of the word "once." I mean, I am from Mifflin County.

Did you all know that Big Valley is a unique and rather famous place in the Amish world? Amish from other areas of the country actually come to Big Valley to observe the Nebraska, Byler, and Renno Amish groups living in such close proximity to one another. That is a UNIQUE thing among the Amish world. Also, we have the Amish and Mennonite Heritage Museum in Belleville.

The Lancaster affiliations are more liberal and they have spread to something like 38 states. They are the Amish most think of. The Byler, Renno, and Nebraska, however, are quite a bit different and fascinating.

It only makes sense that I speak in some Dutch phrases...

Oh sh1t, I'm posting here and misread the title. I thought it said 'fly fishing autism '.

This is an “elite level” thread, to use an overused sports quote.

Easily top 25 in my tenure. Knocking on top 10’s door.

Maybe.
But it's got a long way to beat this thread for #1 all time. If you want a long and fun read, you won't be disappointed.

I'm not going to check but is this the one that implied that trout are smart enough to count how many fibers are used for the tail?
I don't know, I didn't see that, but doubtful.
Leteras apparently thought you could tie tubing the whole way down the shank and bend until it's wrapped around the vise jaws 17 times. So I would suspect he would think the "smart trout" could could those as well then.

If one has “good camo” that you wear to dinner or a car that doesn’t run in your yard that would be a sign.

The Legend of Leteras...🤣🤘
That was such a classic thread! A few comments of "I think your material goes too far into the bend of the hook" (after asking for thoughts on the fly) led into outlandish claims of "I never lost a fish"-which then blew everything wide open.

That thread occurred maybe a week or so after I became a member!

I just read 8 pages of that thread.....whatever happened to Leteras? He and Ramcatt were good buddies, eh?
I read through the whole thing (not at once...) I forgot I revived the thread months after it went quiet. Then Johnny Utah showed up...ooof.

Also, my early posts were so cringe, as the kids say. I woulda kicked my own @ss.

I read through the whole thing (not at once...) I forgot I revived the thread months after it went quiet. Then Johnny Utah showed up...ooof.

Also, my early posts were so cringe, as the kids say. I woulda kicked my own @ss.
We all grow and mature in all aspects of life.

I am horrified by what this topic has said about me. First I am called an elitist; then I am categorized as a snob; and now I am referred to as a nerd. Who knows what I'll be called next?

Back