Fly Fishing Elitism (from an outsiders perspective)

May I add...

1725900624498.png

1725900687065.png

(I apologize for pushing it to 14 pages.)

I have a camp in Elk County. I have fished and rode snowmobiles around the entire NC part of the state from Cornplanters Kingdom through God's country to the Grand Canyon. I can't say I have ever had a negative interaction with the locals, save a few drunks in bars late at night.

The only time I see the anti-flatlander attitude is from yard signs in a few folks yards up there.
Actually, the anti-flatlander attitude is here. Not as bad as it was in the past.

I didn't mean to imply that it didn't exist, just that nobody has ever acted out with it towards or around me in the 15 or so years I have been going up there. Made quite a few friends actually.
Since I moved here in '95 I have met more wonderful people then bubba's! But we have been called flatlanders more than once by educated & non-educated people. Galeton is a wonderful little town full of wonderful people, educated & non-educated.

so who is this WCO you're talking about??
Not just one, we’ve had a couple of stand up individuals here over the years.

The current WCO is the one that got a DUI at twice the legal limit.

The WCO that was charged with trespassing after he was denied permission to fish private property then returned in an “official” capacity and fired a shot at the landowners dogs. Read all about it here.

Not taking the bait CZ. There have been probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of WCO interactions with fishermen boaters etc in the past 18 odd years. To claim one exception or even a handful as as an example of SOP is ludicrous. He was disciplined for his actions. Focus your ire to the individual.

I'm sorry for posting and prolonging this thread . It should die on the vine, as furthering this whole conversation is a waste of time. No one is learning anything, and if anything, we are dumber for having read or participated.

"That ain't how ya cast a dry fly. Let me see that rod once."

That could and would be a quote from me.
Dear jifigz,

In Lancaster, Lebanon, and Berks County it's pronounced "vunce" 😉

Regards,

Tim Murphy 🙂

Back