FFing With Your Hood Up And Hat On (When It’s Not Raining)

I’m not into hoodies or baseball hats for sun, rain, or bug protection. I wear a hat with the biggest dumbest looking 360 brim I can find. I enjoy the shade and airflow of a big floppy brimmed hat. I’m sure the ball cap and hoody crowd are laughing at me but I can’t prove it.
This is the way.

Here is another SICKENINGLY DISGUSTING habit that often coincides with being a "flat-brimmer" and that would be tucking your ears inside of your hat.

Why do people do this? It seems to align with the thug/rap culture but also with the white guy/flat brim culture.

I don't trust anyone who puts their ears inside their ball cap....

I used to always relate this to the wannabe gangsta/ flat brim crows, but have met 2 different guys who are very far from that mold who tuck their ears in.

Strange site and has to be uncomfortable

I used to always relate this to the wannabe gangsta/ flat brim crows, but have met 2 different guys who are very far from that mold who tuck their ears in.

We’re talking ballcaps and not beanie style hats right? Weird.

We’re talking ballcaps and not beanie style hats right? Weird.
Yes, of course we are talking flat brimmed "ball caps." Not putting your ears in a beanie might be just as weird....but I will pull my beanie up on my head a lot at times to vent a little heat.

I started wearing a light weight hoodie from Simms a few years ago to keep the sun off my face Skin cancer is no joke.

I like to put them on backwards and pretend I am nightfishing.

Actually, I do wear a broad brimmed hat, a buff, lightweight long sleeves, and sungloves. 50 years of working outdoors has convinced me.

46 degrees or 106 degrees.....
Long sleeve shirt, hat, shades, sunscreen and sometimes a hoodie. The sun is a mean mean fella. It wreaks havoc on your eyes and skin. I play golf in a short sleeve but make sure I'm coated pretty heavily with SPF 60 or above. It's worked out well since I only look 60 years older than my age

i wear a filson hat in winter with wool ear flaps -> https://www.filson.com/insulated-tin-cloth-cap.html
i am assuming you are talking something different?

Yes there are people who literally tuck their ears into baseball hats.

I’m pretty adamant about covering up as much as possible. I wear a mask and sun gloves, and always long sleeves. And in the summer, a sun hoodie. Don’t care how I look, beats the alternative of sun screen.

Yes there are people who literally tuck their ears into baseball hats.
My youngest boy did that because the no-see-ums kept biting the tops of his ears. Now he wears a neck gaiter like a balaclava.
Hoodies should only be worn by hackers... like flip-flops should only be worn by boys under 8 years old and girls of all ages.:)

Yes, of course we are talking flat brimmed "ball caps." Not putting your ears in a beanie might be just as weird....but I will pull my beanie up on my head a lot at times to vent a little heat.
One must keep the tags on the brim of the baseball cap to be a true banger fisher!

• Haha
Reactions: GHM
These days apparently you cannot go for a bike ride unless you have clothing covered with advertisements, weird shoes and a spaceman helmet. Bass fishermen same deal, brightly colored clothes covered with advertisements.

These days apparently you cannot go for a bike ride unless you have clothing covered with advertisements, weird shoes and a spaceman helmet. Bass fishermen same deal, brightly colored clothes covered with advertisements.
I find it funny that bass fisherman wear flip flops with about two dozen rigged rods laying all over the deck of their million dollar bass boats!

These days apparently you cannot go for a bike ride unless you have clothing covered with advertisements, weird shoes and a spaceman helmet...

The Tour de Berks goes though the villages around me all the time...

...it cracks me up when I see an Amish kid on bike go past one of them and give them a weird look. ;)

In the case of PROFESSIONAL bass fisherman, those ads are sponsors and they are getting paid to wear them...

... unlike all of the fly guys wit hats, shirts, wader & shoes promoting Simms, Sage, Orvis & company...

...for nuttin'. ;)

... unlike all of the fly guys wit hats, shirts, wader & shoes promoting Simms, Sage, Orvis & company...

...for nuttin'. ;)

Pro deals, bro...

Back