FFing With Your Hood Up And Hat On (When It’s Not Raining)

Lady I used to work with would make insane baklava for holiday parties and pot lucks. She had to enforce a 2 piece per person limit, because people would literally take the whole tray back to their desks.

I was her boss, so I got my own personal stash. My all time favorite dessert.

Edit: Tied with Perry’s ice cream.

IF you know anyone who is Armenian, try and get some Paklava which their version.

I had a lot of Armenian friends growing up and I like Paklava better. Because of the way it is sweetened, it seems less sickeningly sweet to me which I'm not into and I'm also not a huge fan of honey in Baklava or anything for that matter.

IF you know anyone who is Armenian, try and get some Paklava which their version.

I had a lot of Armenian friends growing up and I like Paklava better. Because of the way it is sweetened, it seems less sickeningly sweet to me which I'm not into and I'm also not a huge fan of honey in Baklava or anything for that matter.
She was Armenian actually. Good call.

Saturday night’s at Walmart are also when they hold the “Ugliest tattoo contests” 😳

Prison ink always wins first place in the Walmart's I frequent unless of course it's a combination "ugliest tattoo on the ugliest person contest."

That competition is typically won by someone riding around on a Walmart "scooter "with a fully visible HUGE "tramp stamp."

AND...

The tramp stamp resembles a deformed butterfly and it's the size of a Turkey Buzzard because the contestant was kicked off of "My 600-Lb Life." ;)

Crocs and Merrell footwear dont bother my feet. My neighbors puppy chews on Crocs for hours. Indestructable.

I apparently need to go to Walmart on a Saturday Night. Sounds interesting.

There’s a Facebook group called “Women of Walmart”. You can get your fill there without having to venture there on Saturday night.

Here’s a recent one:

IMG 3671

Last edited:
Since the first time i wore crocs i never touched flip flops again! You can wade in them just have to go into sports mode and put the strap behind your heel, lol
I love Crocs too (I have a thing about needing my toes to be covered) BUT wading in them is probably the last thing I'd do. I tried it once on a canoe trip down the Delaware. 3 falls later, I was happily back in the boat for the duration.

I love Crocs too (I have a thing about needing my toes to be covered) BUT wading in them is probably the last thing I'd do. I tried it once on a canoe trip down the Delaware. 3 falls later, I was happily back in the boat for the duration.
They’re my go-to for surf fishing. In 70 deg water temps I usually wade out pretty far to cast and then just stand in the water to fish. Crocs work out well for that.

Springfield, Eddystone, Lancaster, Temple, Trexlertown, Tamaqua, Shenandoah, Taylor, Whitehall, Phillipsburg, NJ, ST. Clair, Tilden Twp, Coal Twp, Tamaqua, Easton, Bethlehem...

Take your pick and put your PJ's on... ;)
I think you’re being a little hard on the one in Tilden Twsp (Hamburg). That is the cleanest, most organized one that I have ever been in. Maybe you were just referring to PJ’s, which I haven’t noticed on the perhaps 3-4 times that I have been there over the years.

I think you’re being a little hard on the one in Tilden Twsp (Hamburg). That is the cleanest, most organized one that I have ever been in. Maybe you were just referring to PJ’s, which I haven’t noticed on the perhaps 3-4 times that I have been there over the years.

I agree, Tilden isn't that bad. Maybe I should have substituted East Stroudsburg...

They’re my go-to for surf fishing. In 70 deg water temps I usually wade out pretty far to cast and then just stand in the water to fish. Crocs work out well for that.
I'd agree on that. I love them for the beach. My mind just automatically associates wading with river fishing.

My go to for surf fishing in 70 degree water temps are my feet. What’s wrong with me?

Dear DomR,

Many years ago, before Gander Mountain went out of business, I found a pair of Crocs sandals with an enclosed toe box and essentially the same lug sole as Keen sandals on clearance for $ 30.00 instead of $ 100.00 plus for the Keens.

They were excellent wet wading shoes, much better than regular Crocs which make even a walk in the rain on a grassy hill an adventure for me. I wore those things constantly, launching and recovering my boat on slippery, snotty, slimy ramps in fresh and saltwater and they gripped like spiked wading shoes.

To quote ol' Tone Loc, I wore those muthas "Smoove da %^&$ out" and have regretted it ever since. They were beasts and in hindsight, I should have bought 3 pairs when I bought the one because those Croc sandals are long since gone from the Earth.

I still wear regular crocs, but they are scary things for me on anything less than dry gravel or pavement. I wish I could find something similar with lug soles for kayaking and wet wading but try as I might, I keep failing!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

My go to for surf fishing in 70 degree water temps are my feet. What’s wrong with me?
Nothing wrong with that. I usually go for two weeks at a time and figure I’m reducing the chance that I will cut a foot on a sharp shell during that time period, which would really screw up my fishing for the rest of the trip.

In my opinion, Crocs are akin to hotdogs. I believe that only individuals under the age of 18 should be permitted to wear them and add ketchup to their hotdogs.

In my opinion, Crocs are akin to hotdogs. I believe that only individuals under the age of 18 should be permitted to wear them and add ketchup to their hotdogs.
I don’t know about Crocs, but hoody’s might be akin to hotdogs.

IMG 2410

On a recent flats trip to the Bahamas, the hosting party had Crocs on the list of items to bring. Some shoes / boots bother my feet exceptions are Crocs and Merrell footwear. I wear them often.

We live in a society where people take pictures of their food. Nothing much surprises me anymore

Back