FFing With Your Hood Up And Hat On (When It’s Not Raining)

I’m glad I started this thread.

Can you tell no one is fishing today?
High wind warning in effect trees have been falling all night with power outages. One does not want to be fishing here today, if you are your NUTS 🥜🥜🥜

High wind warning in effect trees have been falling all night with power outages. One does not want to be fishing here today, if you are your NUTS 🥜🥜🥜
Does Orvis make hard hats?

We wore hoodies when I was growing up on a farm, back in the late 1960s. We wore them because they were cheap. If they were "cool" back then I wasn't aware of it.

If you really want protection from the sun, from insects, or from any law enforcement officers who may be on your trail, wear a matching buff under your hat and hoody.

IMG 3659

never even thought about this topic. i wear a ball cap most of the time. and if im cold ill throw my hoodie up over it. i had no idea i was trying to be cool. i just did it because i was cold....head scratch...

i guess next time ill leave my hoodie down and stay cold. i dont want other people fishing to think im trying to be cool..another head scratch
Man, do I have to be the one to tell Kyle that New Jersey plates are on the above list too?

Even with "western" to qualify, they are judging you before you even suit up 😉 I get the same looks with PA plates on Sandy Hook....

Dear Mike,

I hope you know I wasn't calling you out. Just more like messing with you based on all the old pictures you have posted over the years where you wore rubber waders.

For the record, I enjoy the smell of cigar smoke, and pipe smoke for that matter, while on stream. I just don't smoke either cigars or pipes because for me they ruin the taste of food for a week! ;)

This has been a fun thread!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
No worries. I recognized and enjoyed the humor buried in your comment.

Man, do I have to be the one to tell Kyle that New Jersey plates are on the above list too?

Even with "western" to qualify, they are judging you before you even suit up 😉 I get the same looks with PA plates on Sandy Hook....
Dear Nymph-wristed,

A long time in a land far, far away I met up with my buddy Whitey from Plains PA and my brother Terry on Big Fishing Creek.

Whitey said, "I'll bet you can't get a ## in NJ today?" Terry and I asked why is that? Whitey said, "Because every &&'er in NJ is on Fishing Creek today!

I'll bet you can figure it out!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

For a case of Troegs...
I MIGHT consider sharing April Vokey.

Otherwise back off

Her loyalty to me ❤️
(when she is " visiting" the US)
is impressive..so don't waste your time 😁

As for the hat/ hood combo.
I agree w u 100%
The physical & visual restrictiveness
F'ing DRIVES ME CRAZY😖

I bring a light weight hoodie with me for the walk out on warm summer days. Dunk it in the stream, put it on. Hike back to the car. Nice and cool even in the summer heat.

Nearly every day that I fish from Nov to Apr, I have my hat on and rain coat hood pulled up. The rain coat is a great wind breaker. I tend to dress fairly light and I use the hat and hood to keep my temperature up.

I usually travel a few miles of stream during the day, hitting several holes along the way.

When fishing urban streams among gang-bangers you have your keep your hood up to fit in.
Sounds like a good reason to avoid urban streams.

all im saying is when i go fishing, i dress for the weather thats ahead of me. i didnt know fly fishing had a dress code. apparently it does. i didnt know a hat and hoodie would offend so many people lol. i think everyone in this country needs to start minding their own business and stop judging every single thing another person does. if you like orivs. great. if you like simms. great. who cares!? i wish i had the time to sit around and think of these things!

Reactions: CRB
We wore hoodies when I was growing up on a farm, back in the late 1960s. We wore them because they were cheap. If they were "cool" back then I wasn't aware of it.
We were trendsetters and not even aware of it in those days. Come to think of it, I was country when country wasn"t cool.

Reactions: CRB
Same with Carhart. Though I wasn't alive in the 60s...but when I was a kid, only the Mennonite kids wore Carharts....and my brother and me. We despised my dad because of it, but he musta known that Carharts would become hip!

all im saying is when i go fishing, i dress for the weather thats ahead of me. i didnt know fly fishing had a dress code. apparently it does. i didnt know a hat and hoodie would offend so many people lol. i think everyone in this country needs to start minding their own business and stop judging every single thing another person does. if you like orivs. great. if you like simms. great. who cares!? i wish i had the time to sit around and think of these things!
Apparently, you do have the time, since you're here posting about it. ;)

Don't take this thread personally. :)

Back