Did I hear flip say 2010 Steelhead swap?

ry,

Nice pattern, did you just tie the yarn near the eye and leave the rest as a loose tag end? Picture is a little fuzzy.

JH

PS.. flies are in the mail!!

Yep that's it. I took the end of my yarn and just took a small pinch and pulled so it looks sparse. Tied up just like a ESP but without tying in the other side. Just make sure you put a small clump of dubbing, or a bunch of thread at the bend of the hook so the beads don't fall off.

Boss,

Did you get my flies today?

ryguyfi wrote:
sz 14 nymph hook.
3 10/0 red glass beads from a craft store.
egg colored egg yarn tied in very sparse.
That's it.

Try omitting the yarn and a bead or two and putting a splot of hot glue over the glass bead(s), very realistic looking egg.

I think the egg yarn is there to give the eggs a "milking" quality.

"Sperm veil."

yep and yep. Just an experimental fly right now. I haven't had a chance to try it out. I'll let you know how it does next time I'm up in Erie.

I tie an egg sack imitation with a few wraps of estaz and a sheath, much like Ryan's.

ok...so the following flies are here and ready to be turned around...

Flip
Good Fortune
Fishing Freak
Boss
Medicine Man
Wsender
Flyfisherman J

one last fly to arrive and then...out to everyone...no sweat...we are pretty close to schedule...I am fishing on Monday and Tuesday of next week...so I am excited to give these a try....

Thanks to everyone who participated..

Boss

OK...update time...I am still waiting on one set of flies to get here...I have to go out of town on Monday-Wednesday...I will mail out Wednesday if I have the last flies or not but I feel confident they will get here soon...

They look good and I am excited to try some out...

Boss

All flies are present and accounted for...repackaged and ready to be shipped tomorrow at luncyh. They look very good and I am excited to get back the streams...

Thanks to everyone for their patience, patterns, and participation.

Boss

All packaged and shipped...If any of you are good with the camera...maybe shoot some pics of them and send them to the moderator of the swap section...

Boss

Thank you Boss. I received them this afternoon all very nice. I hope to get out later this week after work. Thank you for hosting and being patient.

Yes thank you Boss I got my flies yesterday afternoon. The flies look great everyone. Thanx and I'm tying some extras up now for steelhead next weekend.!

Hey Boss, got my flies, they look great, thanks for running though.

I received two baggies of flies in my envelope. I want to make sure that maybe my envelope wasn't suppose to go to a mod or something.

got my flies i like em all ive been here duplicating what i can for my next trip...i tied a bunch of those glass eggs up some even with bead chain eyes and some with no weight at all i like the way they come out perfectly round and easier to tie than glo bugs

you all made it easy...I am always up for a swap...

Boss

Back