Did I hear flip say 2010 Steelhead swap?

I wish I could join, but I have no time to tie extras. I usually give a bunch of flies away to the guys I take up for the first time, so it's not in the cards this year. Especially with the baby. I'm just trying to find time to fish now.

Tie up a streamer in white Flip. Early season they'll still be keying on the emerald shiners. Toss some green on the bottom and you're all set.

When is the due date to get them to you by?

I'll be tying a pink nymph patteren that i did fairly well on last year if no one has taken it yet?? Let me know the deadline and how many to tie up. Im going to start tying them tonight!!

i dont know which to tie you guys pick

Attachments

• flies.jpg
    flies.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi Guys...

It is pine squirrel and it is Crystal Braid...I have tied them in all color combinations..
Blue with black squirrel
White with Olive Squirrel
Olive on Olive

It sinks quick and strips well...The best pattern description I have found is at Charlie Craven's Fly Box...John Barr Designed it...Mini Zonkers is a great way to look at them...

So as of now...the number is:

Boss-Zonker and a elk Creek Caddis
Mr. Fly-Golden Stone
Flip-Some form of mini Zonker (I like em both)
Fishing Freak-Pink Nymnph..
Wsender-pink work/egg thing
Medicine Man-Hot spot stone

Unknowns-LRSA Becker---take a crack at some eggs..
GFEN

Only 6 confirmed + a few extra for the moderators...so maybe three more..
Deadline to get your name on the list-September 24
Deadline to ship flies to me-October 8
Turn around rougly on October 15....

Happy Tying

How many do i tie per person??? As of last night i got 12 so far...

I'll join...pattern TBA

boss_steb wrote:
So as of now...the number is:

Mr. Fly-Golden Stone

Unknowns-LRSA Becker---take a crack at some eggs..
GFEN

Only 6 confirmed + a few extra for the moderators...so maybe three more..
Deadline to get your name on the list-September 24
Deadline to ship flies to me-October 8
Turn around rougly on October 15....

Happy Tying

Since I didn't make the list, but I'm still interested in joining. I would like to contribute a couple of Don's glass eggs.

JH

Started tying today, realized I don't have the materials I liked for the stone, so Im going to change mine up to a hot spot nymph Ive had some luck with

its always nice to tie an extra for the host of the swap too

ok so i went with a white bunny leech(due to me being super busy and they are easy to tie) with peacock krystal flash some have green backs some are sucking on eggs and some are plain but all are tied on size 8 tiemco hooks pics to come after dinner

Ok i can tie a few extra for the host. Im at a stopping point. I have 24 pink nymph flies tied and dont know if i have enough or too much????

usually we tie one per person but you can tie as many as you like per person im tying 9 and then 4 for the mods and an extra for the host...

Oh well since I ties a bit more everyone can have 2-3 a piece... no biggie.

Ok....sorry all...camping with the Boy Scouts for the better part of the last week...

So I have the following guys on the list...

Mr. Fly-Golden Stone
Good Fortune-TBA
Fly fisherman J-Don's glass egg

Yes, typically we have done one per tyer...but if you are feeling industrious...have at it...then throw in four for the moderators...

Looks like total of 12 if I have my math correct...and if you want one back for yourself...

I sent everyone that is in a PM with my home address...happy tying...

Boss

Back