Did I hear flip say 2010 Steelhead swap?

Sorry, what date do you need those by again?

The 8th i believe he said.

FREAK wins a prize...not sure what it will be...but I got his flies today...You rock...down to my last 3 to tie...then I will be ready to ship...Guys...this only works if everyone gets the flies here on time... or close to time...

Boss

mailing mine wednesday they are done just need to be packaged and mailed ...

im sorry i missed this swap, i guess thats what i get for not reading the forum for a little

I mailed my package on my lunch break today.

Dropping my flies in the mail tomorrow. Might be Monday until you get them. If it's a problem and I'm holding up the swap let me know and I'll overnight it.

No problem...we are still on schedule...I just finished my last two Slumpbusters last night...

Good! Glad you got the flies. How did they look? Hope everyone catches at lease one Steelhead this year on them. And whats the prize about?

We will have to wait and see what I come up with on the prize...I have now received the following tyer's flies.

Flip
Good Fortune
Fishing Freak
Boss

Just under halfway and expect I will get more today in the mail...

This is the part we forget to tell you about when we aski if you want to participate in a swap...Please list your fly here and the recipe/pattern. I don't know if anyone is good at taking pictures but sometimes we put them all up, who tied what, and the recipe in the swaps section.

Boss

my pattern was a size 8 white bunny leech some i put eggs on some i didnt

thread i think for those i used gsp 100
hook #8 tiemco
body crosscut rabbit zonker strip
tail vertical cut rabbit strip
flash peacock krystal flash
egg glo bug yarn (not all have this)
weight medium nose cone

Sorry guys, my flies will be in the mail on Tues. No excuses, just couldn't get myself out of the water and to the Post Office on Friday or Saturday. Fishing was good and there are a few steelhead with Don's Glass Egg flies stuck in their mouths.

Here's the recipe for my late arrivals:

Don's Glass Egg

Hook: Dai Riki 135 size 12
Thread: 6/0, (color to match body)
Bead: 4mm glass bead
Body: Glo Bug Yarn (color is your choice)
Tail: Glo Bug Yarn

Directions:
Slide glass bead on hook, put done a thread base, move thread to to one hook eye behind the eye, tie in Glo Bug yarn of choice with a few loose wraps, slide bead up to yarn, loose wrap thread over bead and build thread up to lock bead in place, pull yarn back over bead and pull it tight, then push it forward to make a bubble around the bead and throw a few loose wraps around it to hold it in place, work it around the bead to where you like it and the cinch it down and whip finish. I didn't use any head cement, just went with two whip finishes.

Any question just PM me.

JH

Medicine Man's were hand delivered...wow...

Egg-Sucking Bunny Leech

Hook: 8# 4XL Streamer
Thread: Red UTC 140 Denier
Weight: 0.020 Lead Wire
Tail: Red Crystal Flash/Black Rabbit Strip
Wing: Black Rabbit Strip
Ribbing: UTC Small Gold Wire
Body: Black Chennille
Hackle: Black Strung Hackle
Head: Hot Pink Estaz Chennille

Notes: Peacock Herl can be used in place of black chennille for body material. I used strung hackle feathers with longer fibers and more web to give the fly better action.

Im not good at taking pictures... I tried last night and they turned out as a blur. So heres the recipe.

Hook: #12 Streamer
Thread: Black
Tail: Black Goose Biots
Wing: Black Goose Biots
Body: Pink Clear Tubing (Crystal Flash Under the pink tubing)
Hackle: Brown Hen hackle
Head: Gold Bead

Have fun tying them up i know i do. And i cant wait to get the flies so i can tie them ones up.

Heading to erie this weekend any fishing reports on elk would be great. And also going to get a room for the weekend any places close to elk creek?

Thanx Guys.

goodfortune wrote:
I mailed my package on my lunch break today.

You better watch what you say... Favre is in big trouble for the same thing....

Sorry I didn't have time to do this one... just came up with my own new creation the other day... looks pretty sweet. I'll post a pic once I can.

This is my pattern on the Slumpbuster:
John Barr's Olive Slumpbuster

Tied By: "Boss Steb"

Hook: Size 4–12 Tiemco 5263 (mine were 8 and 10)
Thread: Olive 70-denier Ultra
Thread Cone: Gold tungsten, size 4–6 (large), size 8–10 (medium)
Rib: Chartreuse Ultra Wire (Brassie)
Body: Peacock Sparkle Braid
Wing/Tail: Olive pine squirrel
Collar: Olive pine squirrel

Comments:
I highly recommend the John Barr book, Barr Flies. The best place other than the book to find a description on how to tie this fly is at www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox
You can use any combination of Diamond Braid ir Sparkle braid and squirrel hair.

On the Elk Creek Caddis:
Size 14 caddis hook 2x heavy, 2x short
1/8 or 7/64 gold bead head
Caddis Cream Spirit River Dubbing
Brown dubbing of any shade dubbed as a head

Tie these by the dozens. Quick fly that catches fish on all PA tribs.

Boss

here's my newest creation. For those days when the egg sacs are crushin for the bait guys.

tie up a dozen and get them to me by Monday...

on your tag line...maybe some cowbell would help your problem...I know it works on my FEVER...

What are you using as the sac "look a like" it has some quality like a deep diving lafontaine caddis...but different...if you catch my drift...

Boss

I don't have the time to tie up any extras. Can't tie enough for just me.

Simple recipe, just wanted to share it.

sz 14 nymph hook.
3 10/0 red glass beads from a craft store.
egg colored egg yarn tied in very sparse.

That's it.

Back