Catskills JAM: Need some info / help from attendees

Hey, jerseygeorge, could you email me before and after photos of your trailer? Well, I guess I will see the trailer next month, but it would be great if you could email me the above photo that I could make a little larger.
Thanks

1/0 white zuddlers with a size 10 white bugger trailer got fish on both! How's that for a meat rig?

That sounds scary and kind of boring. No bugs eh? You should have had a nice overcast w/ drizzle. Didn't even see any olives? The fish were pushed up near the banks weren't they?

Not bugs no rain more clouds then sun but not really cloudy. Soft seems had some fish as well they werent all tight to the bank!

Boring?

Large wild browns chasing big streamers and yanking the rod out of your hand is boring?

That dont just slam it. They have been being pounded with streamers since the water came up and the fish know the routine! It was neat to watch the chase though! It was a nice change for the day. It's alot more work to throw that crap on a 5wt then it is to throw a size 20 bwo on a 4wt which was kind of pain!

I guess I just don't understand the dry fly appeal. It's boring to me, when compared to streamering. The fact that the fish are consistently way bigger is just a bonus.

Hey, jerseygeorge, could you email me before and after photos of your trailer? Well, I guess I will see the trailer next month, but it would be great if you could email me the above photo that I could make a little larger.

I will post a before and after shortly. Just a little more work to do. Basically it was a trailex kayak trailer. Sold the Kayak, chopped the trailer shorter, put a box across the back, lowered the height of the rig a few inches. It is coming out nice, but an afternoon of work from being complete. Now I just have to find that afternoon...

1/0 white zuddlers with a size 10 white bugger trailer got fish on both! How's that for a meat rig?

Don't give away any secrets!

Lol I dont have any streamer secerts! Yet! I've been trying to decide whether I should make the plunge and master streamer fishing like I have mastered dry fly fishing!

Hmhhhm :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

bam,
I'm guessing that the streamer he was fishing was borrowed. I can't see Alpa owning any flies that sink. I'm guessing that float w/ me and Brandon might have gotten the lid off of the 'dry fly only' jar. I prefer dries but if there's no hatch... I still want to hook up.

jayL wrote:
I guess I just don't understand the dry fly appeal. It's boring to me, when compared to streamering. The fact that the fish are consistently way bigger is just a bonus.

LOL...of all the FFing methods - dry, nymph, wet, and streamer, streamer fishing is my least favorite. I'll do it when I have to or maybe just to try something different to break up the day.

Nothing is more exiting to me than see rising fish on a hatch and the chess match the ensues trying to match the insect, get into a good position without spooking the fish, and trying to make a perfect drag-free cast 2' above the fish...and it's floating...floating...floating...KAZANG!!........FISH ON!! (It usually only turns out this way in day dreams but sometimes...)

Cast and strip...Cast and strip...Casting and stripping does nothing for me except has me reaching for the Bengay at the end of the day.

Each to his own...

Playing upon the predatory instincts of fish, and convincing them to pursue and eat a chunk of rabbit fur or whatever you may have used is tops for me.

Systematically pounding the water to find one that wants to play is rewarding. I came to fish, not look at the water.

ben gay? Afishinado, you must be really old? :)

Ha? Ha? That's coming from the guy 10 yrs younger than me that got too tired floating 1 mile of the D last fall. Pipe down and hit you Chuck Norris total gym. :) Don't want these old men to wear ya out.

Problem solved.

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 8
Back