Catskills JAM: Need some info / help from attendees

I can bring a big trailer along if it will help. I kinda no my way around :) at least from Stilesville to Lordville anyways!

I wont be drinking I'm going hardcore streamer fishing and will on the water from dark to dark!

I had a glorious awakening to chucking meat yesterday!

MY MAN! Looks like we've go 2 in our group then.

I'll hit it before daylight and toss some #2 3xl streamers w/ you. Won't be taking any 8" fish on those!

India Pale Ale, abbreviated IPA, is a type of ale that is light amber to copper in colour, medium to medium-high alcohol by volume, with hoppy, bitter and sometimes malty flavour.

While we are at it, for those PA folks who think that brewery in Pottstown invented lager, it is a style of beer not a brand name. I was amazed when I moved here and people would order "lager". What's more amazing is last time I was back home in NC, Yuengling had made it's way down there and is considered a premium beer! People were paying $4-5 pint for it. Unreal.

I had a glorious awakening to chucking meat yesterday!

Photos or it did not happen.

sight_nymph_17109 wrote:
MY MAN! Looks like we've go 2 in our group then.

I'll hit it before daylight and toss some #2 3xl streamers w/ you. Won't be taking any 8" fish on those!

Thats the whole point.........I'm very disappointed in the big fish this year, they arent doing a very good job at eating the dinks! I've never caught so many 8-10in Delaware fish!

Hey brew master, Lager is a premium beer. :) I could never get it when headed south to golf but it's all over Myrtle Beach and Williamsburg now.

I can understand some doubting Alpa but I've seen him in action. I think dude can fish. He sure can cast the hell out of it. If he'll just cut the dry fly off once in a while, he'll post some big numbers of fish. Bet him $50 on fish count for the day and then play him cards at night so you can get your $50 back. LMAO

Dont even carry a camera! I know they look like!

jdaddy wrote:
Why gfen really wants a pontoon.

I'd tell you what I was really saying abotu that point, but it'd just be a string of #OOPS#ings over and over.

Thankfully, Jerad didn't film me spinning in circles while trying to master the advanced concept of "rowing."

With everyone's permission I would like to un-hijack this thread for a moment. I have a room on the 23rd, 24th, 25th so I can fish my butt off. Might cancel the 23rd due to work sked, will see.

Gene and Inez are excited to have us. They will allow us to grill on the parking lot just outside our rooms, keep that in mind. Also each room has a small fridge, and microwave.

I will possibly have room to share for a non-smoker, light snorer, minimal gas passer, that gets up to pee less than once an hour, and will not take any of my flies, nor my Makers Mark without leaving something equal in value as a replacement. PM me if interested.

I will be floating. Here is a pic of my rig, before I attacked the trailer with a sawzall. We should be able to lash a kayak or two, or a pontoon boat or two on top of my boat to save on a few shuttles.

northfork.jpg

I was up there a week ago, and there are still some fish in the river.

rainbowi.jpg

Sorry to bring the thread back on topic. Go ahead and hijack away.

ABuck-
I wont be drinking I'm going hardcore streamer fishing and will on the water from dark to dark!

You and me baby! I gonna be doing the same thing.

Jg

Andy,

I have no problem leading a group. Just putting the obligatory disclaimer up. I can talk a good game, but Maurice knows my dark secret!!

Ok, the dark secret is that I'm just out there figurin' stuff out, and sometimes it works. I really have no idea what I'm doing, but I obsessively analyze everything, and therefore can sound convincing. At the very least, I can figure out what MIGHT work by applying a little old fashioned engineer thinking. I'm happy with leading a group if they're okay with that. :)

If you fish with me, you disregard flat water. You will seek riffles, and throw oversized flies. Frog water risers are merely part of the scenery. We are on the water at 10am if we are lucky, after a 32 of gatorade and a greasy breakfast. I have little tolerance for mornings.

If a group of a few guys comes forward and thinks that sounds good, follow me.

Jay,

Sounds good. You have enough experience there to definately help w/ a group. I just don't want someone taking 4 boats down the river and missing the take out ramp. Rowing for 3 miles in the dark isn't fun (done it). Hey, you were cleaning up on the soft hackle and making everyone else look bad!

Looks like me, Apla and JG are dark to dark fisherman. If Josh gets into the Pabst pretty hard, he'll be a 11 am guy w/ you and Jeff. We'll sort things out when we get there.

I talked to Coz and he's looking forward to having us come over and talking to the group. I told him about the raffle and the money raised would go to FUDR. He thought that was a pretty cool thing on our part and said he'd help by donating some stuff. Looks like we're going to go for a Saturday morning raffle around 10-11. Brandon is giving me his broken rod to send back to Scott. Looks like we may have a brand new Scott fly rod in the raffle as well. scotto from the forum is donating a chest pack. Anyone that's donating, PM me with what you're donating and I want to make a sign with the names and items donated so that the get the proper thanks from the winners. Should be pretty cool.

To be honest, I will probably get out there for one early morning. I enjoy fishing dark to dark once I get the morning momentum.

jayL wrote:

If you fish with me, you disregard flat water. You will seek riffles, and throw oversized flies. Frog water risers are merely part of the scenery. .

Damn Straight!

Andy-

Likewise, I have no problem helping with a group, either wading or on a float. Count me in for whatever type of help you need.

JG

Thank you George and sweet rig!

jayL wrote:

Ok, the dark secret is that I'm just out there figurin' stuff out, and sometimes it works. I really have no idea what I'm doing, but I obsessively analyze everything, and therefore can sound convincing. At the very least, I can figure out what MIGHT work by applying a little old fashioned engineer thinking. I'm happy with leading a group if they're okay with that. :)

JayL...you are one of the brightest guys I've met! You can figure things out in a flash! Just starting for you equates to 30+ years experience for me on the learning curve!

I appreciate it, really. I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee, or even pretend to expect success.

Finding the takeout... that I can do!

Here Jdaddy I took a cell phone pic for ya on Saturday! He's a cute little West Branch fishy!

Attachments

• trout1.jpg
    trout1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 7
That is clearly a woman's hand holding that fish. What are you trying to pull young man?

Seriously, did you see many rise? Were they all squished up on the banks?

I didnt even cast a dry all day! If that tells you anything! The reason we didnt see much rising was because there werent any bugs. I caught 3 fish about the size of the one I posted and then I rowed the boat for the rest of the day!

Back