Catskills - float em if you got em JAM 9/19/15

I'm fine with any of the options...

Fisherboy 3..It's been my experience that at the very end of August the is a lull in vacation activity:putting kids back in school,vacationed-out?;don't know but you can count on it.Besides hoppers on a windy day in late August can bring the big boys cruising the shore line at mid day!

Shane:if transporting extra toons up there is an issue,I have plenty of room in my Excursion and we can work out details/logsitics as we get close,if you need toon transportation .

Afish,
Im talking about labor day. Usually a big vacation weekend. And also some of the area streams will be unfishable due to warmer temps. Lower EB, Bkill,'Moc, Lower Main ect.

I will be in...will bring toon and hyde

I am new to posting on the forums. A trip to east sounds great, and I have a two person pontoon and would be happy to have someone take up a seat. Not sure if I can do Tuesday through Sunday, but definitely a few days.

I have a two person pontoon and would love to tag along for a few of the day, probably ones later in the week. More than happy to take someone on the boat with me.

Well, I've made some calls and keep getting the same answer.

Capra can handle the group but only through Thursday evening. This gives us the option to change the trip to a Saturday - Thursday. Let me know if that's an option. Most centrally located, best rates, shuttle service on premises if needed, store across the street.

Smith's is the same story, booked for the weekend. Very nice place overlooking the junction pool. 2 miles from town.

BeaverDell is another option and they have a restaurant / bar on site. They also have campsites (I think). Rooms are around $65-$70 per night. It sits on the banks of the east branch and is a bit out of the way if you intend to fish west or main.

West Branch Angler is available but 3x the cost of other places. First class, sits right on the west branch, reaturant / fly shop on premises.

Timberline could accomodate the selected dates and is around $65-$70 per night. This is only a few hundred yards from hale eddy launch (across river from west branch angler). Rooms might be a bit dated.

Bass Cabins at French Woods has cabins for $755 / 5 days. Cabins sleep 4-6, each cabin has 2 decks and fire pit. Pretty nice. About 7 miles from town down the main stem.

I haven't tried Deposit motel, Laurel Bank, EB Outfitters or DRC yet. Give me some feedback.

mkerr, welcome aboard.

I realize that not everyone can make it for the entire week. Let me know which option looks best to the majority, how many rooms we'll need (if any are splitting a room etc) and I'll lobby for group rates. Thanks.

Check your PM's everybody

Based on responses, dates will be changed to Saturday September 19 - no later than Thursday September 24. After the 24th, lodging for that weekend becomes an issue.

If you plan on going and intend to stay at the Capra, there is a 48 hour window to call and get a room in your name. If you think you'll stay elsewhere, I'd double check on availability tomorrow. It appears there are 2 huge weddings weekend of 19th and 25th. I'm talking 400+ people weddings so they've got a lot of the rooms in the area booked. Number for the motel is 607-637-1600. At least get a room held in your name. If something comes up, 72 hours notice to cancel should be fine. Let Gene know you're with Andy's group from the forum. Thanks.

Hmmmm. Big weddings? I'm thinking we could knock out a free meal/ booze if we can dial in these receptions. In any case, I'll see you all there.

Do we plan on floating on Saturday the 19th or just getting set up?

Some will float and some will get settled in and enjoy a beer. I'm guessing that I'll be there before 9am and so will Stimey. An afternoon / evening float is likely (near 100% chance).

Timmyt,
I'm going to try and find a way to get you and your pop in a boat. Make his first trip a fun float.

No Spicoli this year but I may have the next best thing....Big Frank.

big frank! oh snap!

I hope he tells the story of how he was at the concert and 'released' himself from the fence and wondered around on the tarmac before the police picked him up. We got him back fly fishing after 15 years of not doing it. Dream team float would be Josh on the sticks, Spicoli in the front and big Frank in the back. I'd float next to them just filming.

Count me in...
Main pontoon and escape pod in tow.

I will be able to bring a group from the wedding party along

Attachments

• IMG_7419.JPG
    IMG_7419.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7416.JPG
    IMG_7416.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 6
You're full of it and.....those fish are too difficult for you to catch.
:-o :lol: :idea:

Bases on the current dam situation, we may end up doing stream clean up and drinking beer. There may be no water or water that is too warm. Rain dance time in mid / late August and fingers crossed for cool nights. Updates will follow as they come in.

Hold out hope. With big frank on board all bets are off. Big fish Gods love you and him. Provided the powers that be consent i will be there just to die from lack of oxygen during the laughter. Last trip with you guys was just that, a trip. Couldnt ask for better chit shooting folks with epic tales.

Just wondering how if anyone was interested in a trip on the Yough before the scheduled week for the Delaware?

mkerr, the Yough is currently mid seventies at Ohiopyle for over a week. Too warm for trout fishing. And far too long a float in this heat IMHO.

Back