Catskill JAM 2011, August 12-14, 2011

My reservation is in for friday night. I hope to do a late float on friday on the WB, then if I have the energy I will do an early float streamer chucking on saturday as well. After that I plan to head down towards the warmwater contingency in Barryville and catch up with CLSports. PhilC said he was coming down too but I don't know his schedule.

If anyone wants to join any of these ventures let me know. If you want to try a float, I may have a spare toon available.

If anyone wants to growler swap or just a growler I plan to swing by the Ship Inn. I will be picking up a growler of ESB for wsender to trade for some NY beer.

I'm going to try to make it up. I can't get any days off so Friday is out of the question, but I'll see if I can make up Friday night to get out early Saturday am...

What are the dates? I'd like to edit the initial post to provide the dates in the subject line that appears in the index.

Jack,
Its August 12,13, and 14. Although some of us are going Thur to scout out the aforementioned "Hancock Hot" chicks!LOL!

JAM is Friday August 12 - Sunday August 14. A few of us will be there on Thursday to fish. PM me if you have any questions.

Meeting / pep talk and raffle at Border Water Outfitters on Saturday at 9am.

I made the amendment to the initial post, which will hopefully have the date display in the forum index to let people guage how far off or close it is.

Jack,

In the future, be a pal and undo any superfluous capital letters for future "JAM" Jams. I couldn't tell ya why that drives me as nuts as it does... but it does. :)

Just kidding, of course. I wouldn't expect you do do that.

I will not become the board grammar and usage police, but I don't mind helping to publicize these events. Having the date show in the index seemed worthwhile. Superfluity will be tolerated.

Thank you for the edit.

Can I get an idea of how many guys would like to float and how of those guys don't have a boat. I think we will have 6-7 pontoons up there and some guys won't use them every day. Hopefully, they will lend them to an angler that does want to float on a day where they are going to wade fish.

I should be able to bring an extra Outcast FishCat 8' pontoon. The boat is an 8 out of 10. If you would like to buy it, I'm willing to sell it. I don't have the room to store 3 boats and don't really care to take it back home if someone else can put it to good use. The pontoons are in great shape. The boat retailed for $650-699 but I will sell it for $250. It has 6' oars / sleeves / stops, seat, bronze oarlocks, storage deck (small), pontoon fill adapter. All you'll need is a pump and you're in business. PM if you're interested.

If the river is not at a good wading flow, I will probably float.

kray, I am floating and I may have a spare toon as well.

I don't have boat so I will be wading. If someone has a boat big enough I will try floating.

Rick

I've got 2 Scaddens and an Outcast. Just not looking forward to digging them out, putting them together, transport nightmare, break down and storing them again. I hope someone wants to buy the smaller boat and I won't have to haul it back home. ;)

Rick, we'll get you floating somehow if you want to give it a shot.

Sender and I have discussed a possible drift boat outing.

In the case that the flows are leaning toward floating, I will probably do that and toss my pontoon up for grabs to anyone that's willing to replace whatever they break. :)

Im more then likely not going to be able to make it! Just found out I have to work that saturday.

I expected you to wait a little longer before bailing out. Now what's your roomie gonna do? Oh no. Who's going to watch my dog?

Can't you do a switch-a-roo and get off that Saturday?

I'm bringin my 'toon. Its a XX so I can take an accomplice. It'll mean half the fishing, but also half the rowin' for any potential takers.

I can't ask him to do that....... he's already bringing a grill for us.

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
Back