Catskill JAM 2011, August 12-14, 2011

I'll bring the small / spare pontoon. It'll work for you skinny guys. I might even sell it if anyone's interested. Outcast, FishCat 8'.

krayfish wrote:
I'll bring the small / spare pontoon. It'll work for you skinny guys. I might even sell it if anyone's interested. Outcast, FishCat 8'.

Don't forget you sold me a Scadden for a tasty hot dog.

Kray,

I reserved a room at the Capra when I was there this weekend. Plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon and leave Saturday night.

krayfish wrote:
Anyone interested in floating with me and Becker? We're doing a Stilesville to Buckingham float. Launching around noon. RowJimmy should be all over that!

BTW, that's a joke.

Sure. I havent broken a rod in a while.

Afish,
That's awesome that you'll be coming. Sounds like you guys hit it bad this week but you know how it is up there.

Jdaddy,
Bring all your rods. I'll break one for ya.

I have booked my room for Thursday till Sunday. Coming up Thursday morning. Looking to hook up with someone on where to go Thursday.

Thanks

Rick

I imagine that I'll be there between 8:30 and 10 on Thursday morning. Give me an hour to get everything into the room and we and put together a plan of attack. Keep your fingers crossed for good flows.

The flows spiked about an hour after I got there, as I was working a few fish.

To hell with that place.

I'll be there by dark on friday. Still a few rooms available, but you had better get on it. Be sure to mention that you're going fishing, so you get the fisherman's rate.

Broken rods, did someone need my help?

Got the room booked. Will be there Thur. evening sometime. Do we have a grill in the mix somewhere?

DaveS wrote:
Got the room booked. Will be there Thur. evening sometime. Do we have a grill in the mix somewhere?

I can bring one of those sputnik looking charcoal deals, but it won't be there til friday.

If anyone's heading up from SEPA and wants to haul it for thursday night, I can meet up with ya wherever's convenient for you, as long as it's within a half hour or so of plymouth meeting.

Just booked room for rowjimmy and I. It will be my first time fishing the upper D, so it should be interesting.

krayfish wrote:
Afish,
That's awesome that you'll be coming. Sounds like you guys hit it bad this week but you know how it is up there.

Yeah Kray...you gave us some bad info.... :-o....;-)

I plan to take my time going up on Thursday. I'll fish in the late afternoon / evening and meet you guys at the Capra after dark.

It's looking like we've got 15 or so heading up. A good mix of early risers, late sleepers, waders and floaters. Now for the hard part..... we need to get favorable fishing conditions.

Luckily, Becker and Jimmy have volunteered to keep my dog in their room. The dog will have you awake by 5:30 for a walk. Good luck and don't let any food out, he'll eat it.

Afishinado,
Unless Jay relayed things incorrectly.... I said the fishing sucked when we were up.

Looks like they're starting to draw back the release. It plateaued again but it's a little lower than the 1.5k. Good thing my trip for this weekend got moved to next weekend.

Praise be to the WB gods if the slime is gone. It was getting stupid. Talk about encouragement to not drag your fly.

Gentlemen, I'd love to continue to claim I'm coming only to bail at last second, but I've got family vacation starting that weekend.

Hope my fishing at the shore beats your fishing up there. ;-)

Looks like I just won $20! Thanks G.

I relayed the info to a few non board members and less active ones. At least three of them are interested. The number could be higher.

We may have 1/2 or more of the Capra booked! The group appears to be pretty decent. I'm nervous about mother nature giving us no storms and the gate keepers to give us a safe to wade flow. I don't want a muddy mess like last year. Up there, the conditions will determine how many fish will be caught or if any fish will be caught. I accept no blame for bad flows. :)

Back