Carp Swap 2015

Alright, I'm gonna tie McTage's Carp Stew. Took awhile to decide on a pattern...

Jay, I need a shipping address please.

J55tyger88 wrote:
Jay, I need a shipping address please.

Man...I tried sending out what appeared to be a group message the other day. Must not have worked. I'll re-send as soon as possible.

Ok I just sent out another round of individual messages. Let me know if these didn't work either.

J55tyger88 wrote:
Alright, I'm gonna tie McTage's Carp Stew. Took awhile to decide on a pattern...

Love it...all of his patterns are awesome, but I had to look that one up.

jay348,

I don't know what's going on but I still haven't received any PM from you at this point.

^me either

Me either but I did receive a pm from you Tyger and responded to you did you receive it?

Yeah Nick I did.

Haven't seen any pm's either.

I was going to knock my flies out this weekend, but the 3 packs of rabbit strips I know I have are nowhere to be found. I order some and will have plenty of time to get them in the mail. I need an address too, no PM arrived.
Mike.

Awesome. :roll:

OK I'll try and send out round 3 tonight once I'm home.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to pm me their email address, I'd be glad to send you my info that way.

All the materials I need for the fly have been acquired. It took me a while to find a dubbing i liked. Should have these banged before the end of next week. Been working my day to day and officiating hockey games has set me back on my tying lately. I'll try to post a picture later to get your guys opinions when I get a few tied.

drumat26,

Which fly did you decide to tie? The near nuff crayfish and the mellow yellow are both great looking carp flies. The near nuff has been on my list of "carp flies to tie" for a year or more and I just haven't gotten to it yet. Definitely post up a picture after you crank out a few.

Just getting around to tying up some Hydra's for our Carp Swap. My carp box needs some ties man can't wait to fill it up...been tying for nothing but trout lately.

Attachments

• Hydra Fly Pattern.jpg
    Hydra Fly Pattern.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2
^nice.

Haven't seen that one before. That's a real good looking tie Nick.

Finally put a dent in my nymphs this week.

Attachments

• swap.jpg
    swap.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 3
Cool! That is an awesome nymph, Jay. We're gonna stick some carp with that one. Definitely would like the recipe for that tie.

Yeah the recipe woulda been appropriate...

Hook: allen (whatever the carp model # is)
Tail: red fox tail (long guard hairs)
Abdomen: red fox tail (underfur)
Wing case: peacock herls
Thorax: cohens carp dub - 50/50 alfredo cream and rusty something
Legs: turn or two of brown hen, clipped on the underside
Eyes - large bead chain

I also put a few wraps of lead under the thorax since I knew it was going to be a little bulky with materials.

Back