Boy that cried wolf or justified concern?

Just following up on this thread. Seems like really dry up until the big flush in last days of April......back to really dry in most places into mid June.

Over the last week of very humid weather, storms all over but not everyone seemed to get hit. Here, north of Harrisburg, we've had several gully washers in the past week.

Seems like the big J, Lewistown to Newport has been getting hit very regularly. More flow now than in May !!
Also looks like triangle of Scranton, E Stroudsburg and Allentown has gotten a good soaking regularly.

You guys north central getting some of the liquid gold? I know you were getting skipped by much of it earlier this year.
Hey Kray. I will echo that in the Lewistown area I'm quite satisfied with the amount of rain we're getting at once, the spacing/interval of the rain, etc. It's working out perfectly.

Just following up on this thread. Seems like really dry up until the big flush in last days of April......back to really dry in most places into mid June.

Over the last week of very humid weather, storms all over but not everyone seemed to get hit. Here, north of Harrisburg, we've had several gully washers in the past week.

Seems like the big J, Lewistown to Newport has been getting hit very regularly. More flow now than in May !!
Also looks like triangle of Scranton, E Stroudsburg and Allentown has gotten a good soaking regularly.

You guys north central getting some of the liquid gold? I know you were getting skipped by much of it earlier this year.
The NC region just got missed again with these latest storms. They got a shot about two weeks ago, but that's been it for NC.

Ok Swattie! You were right! Next year I won't complain until Penns Creek trout go belly up!

Nice thing is future forecast shows chances for more pretty regularly. While downpour is the order of the day in summer, at least half of the rains have been light to moderate soakers which might have saved us for a couple more weeks.

Lawn went from 90% dormant to early May growth rate in last 3 weeks. I didn't think it was going to come back to life before mid September. Sucks to mow but I'd rather see green than brown

Streams are way up today in the Stroudsburg area and Pike Co. The last I looked north Wayne Co. did not get nearly as much and Delaware Branches and Beaverkill flows were up less than 50cfs. More rain coming and a chance of rain for the next 2 weeks along with hot and hunid.

Last edited:
Harrisburg to the Wilkes Barre area got hammered today. Seen reports in several places of 4in already at lunch time. Much of Centre, Clinton, Lycoming, Potter was missed of the heavy rain today. There's been enough to get the grass and crops growing, but the small streams could all use a good bump yet to get back in fishable condition.

We came up through WV on the way back from VA to WPA and WV saw some literally DRY creek beds. Thought that was kind of wild.

got a little over 2" last Sat 7/1. Streams are ok, but they will not be if we don't keep getting rain.

Vermont is in bad shape, too. I'm getting updates from my buddy, who has the Winooski in his back yard. Water is now coming into his back basement door. That means it's a good 8-10" up over a very high bank and at least 50" feet beyond the normal stream bed.

IMG 20230710 190526

That was the Route 2 bridge at Waterbury... early this afternoon. The water is substantially higher than when this was taken.

Vermont is in bad shape, too. I'm getting updates from my buddy, who has the Winooski in his back yard. Water is now coming into his back basement door. That means it's a good 8-10" up over a very high bank and at least 50" feet beyond the normal stream bed.

View attachment 1641231433

That was the Route 2 bridge at Waterbury... early this afternoon. The water is substantially higher than when this was taken.

That's nuts, I just fished the Winooski in Waterbury this spring and those banks are pretty high like you said. Hopefully everyone stays safe.

That's nuts, I just fished the Winooski in Waterbury this spring and those banks are pretty high like you said. Hopefully everyone stays safe.

I was wading just about exactly in the middle of that chocolate milk a week ago. The bridge was a normal bridge height of 20 feet or whatever above my head...

We came up through WV on the way back from VA to WPA and WV saw some literally DRY creek beds. Thought that was kind of wild.
If you're not familiar with the stream or area, then maybe this is totally normal. There are many dry stream beds in central PA that only have water under the heaviest of rains. Right now creeks are flowing good here but the stream beds I am talking about are bone dry. I just drove by some today.

We were at some elevation. that is possible. I am not familiar with the area.

received some decent rain yesterday! Streams came up nicely!
I saw some of that rolling through your way last evening. You guys were the last to get the rain all over PA in the past few weeks. I'm sure it puts things in a better direction.

I saw some of that rolling through your way last evening. You guys were the last to get the rain all over PA in the past few weeks. I'm sure it puts things in a better direction.
We did miss some of the bigger rains recently but still received enough to keep the levels ok. There is a chance of rain 8 out the next 10 days.

Back