Boy that cried wolf or justified concern?

I disagree. The "thunk" of a whiffle ball bat is much more satisfying. I think I get better distance with less shrapnel to.
When I read your earlier post, I laughed because I was outside hobbling around with a homemade walking stick when I spotted three of them within swatting range. I decided to play stick ball with them and damnrear fell down when I took a crack at one.

Carpenter Bees 1
FarmerDave 0

Good thing nobody was watching.

When I read your earlier post, I laughed because I was outside hobbling around with a homemade walking stick when I spotted three of them within swatting range. I decided to play stick ball with them and damnrear fell down when I took a crack at one.

Carpenter Bees 1
FarmerDave 0

Good thing nobody was watching.
As far as you know...

I don't think the low water levels are really that damaging right now because the water temps aren't too bad. Predators better able to prey on fish in shallow water may be more of a problem. And the weather is not looking to get better with respect to rainfall for the near term. The forecast, at least for my area, shows less than a quarter inch of total precipitation for the next 10 days. Hopefully a decent amount of rain will come soon. Hope is all we can do.

I don't think the low water levels are really that damaging right now because the water temps aren't too bad. Predators better able to prey on fish in shallow water may be more of a problem. And the weather is not looking to get better with respect to rainfall for the near term. The forecast, at least for my area, shows less than a quarter inch of total precipitation for the next 10 days. Hopefully a decent amount of rain will come soon. Hope is all we can do.

Enjoy the “good” water conditions we have now too. Penns, for instance, at 300-400 cfs is a lot easier to deal with than 800 cfs, its rough median flow for this time of year. Usually at this time of year I look at Penns gauge at like 800 or 1000 cfs, and am like, no way I’m dealing with that, even though I know good bugs are showing up.

We need the rain later, not necessarily right now. I’d much rather have it dry now and wet starting about June 1.

Reactions: CRB
I imagine we're going to see the dots on that map flipping if the weather man is correct. My local guy is calling for three to four inches of rain between lunch time Friday and dinner time Monday. Locally we're at a five and a half inch deficit and it is much needed. Hope it's spread out and come slowly.

I imagine we're going to see the dots on that map flipping if the weather man is correct. My local guy is calling for three to four inches of rain between lunch time Friday and dinner time Monday. Locally we're at a five and a half inch deficit and it is much needed. Hope it's spread out and come slowly.

This is good stuff, and what the doctor ordered. (And why there’s typically no need to panic about water levels in April. Save it for July/August.)

Guarantee you in three weeks we’re gonna be fielding lots of complaints about the Central PA big 4, or 5 (I count Kish too) being blown out for the Jam.

If this pans out…Penns, so cold right now.

Guarantee you in three weeks we’re gonna be fielding lots of complaints about the Central PA big 4, or 5 (I count Kish too) being blown out for the Jam.
Swattie,

Please do not list Kish as part of the Big 5. There is no 5, only 4. It is the "Big 4" and everyone knows that. There is no "Big 5" and there is no room for another one. If we were gonna expand the Central PA Large Limestoner Conference, everyone also knows that Bald Eagle Creek deserves to be the 5th addition and member, not Kish.

After all, Kish is just a lousy stocked trout stream with rainbow trout that deformed, missing fins, etc. It really is something that is rather sad and unfortunate, but it is what it is and who am I to judge.

So please, folks, just stay away from Mifflin County. The crime is high here, we are poor, and all we have to offer you are dumb stockies.

Thanks for your consideration.

Swattie,

Please do not list Kish as part of the Big 5. There is no 5, only 4. It is the "Big 4" and everyone knows that. There is no "Big 5" and there is no room for another one. If we were gonna expand the Central PA Large Limestoner Conference, everyone also knows that Bald Eagle Creek deserves to be the 5th addition and member, not Kish.

After all, Kish is just a lousy stocked trout stream with rainbow trout that deformed, missing fins, etc. It really is something that is rather sad and unfortunate, but it is what it is and who am I to judge.

So please, folks, just stay away from Mifflin County. The crime is high here, we are poor, and all we have to offer you are dumb stockies.

And the food at Bings diner in the morning isn’t good after night fishing the Kish.

And the food at Bings diner in the morning isn’t good after night fishing the Kish.
Stay away from night fishing Kish. The last guy they found in the creek pinned to submerged roots of a large Sycamore clearly still had his fancy Simms waders on and an expensive Fish Pond chest pack. He was cleaned out, took his wallet everything. It appears a truncheon was the end of him......unfortunate, really......

As I said, we are a crime-ridden, depressed area. You really don't want to take any chances......Centre County is much more affluent with safer streams and more wild trout.... it is a much, much better option.

If you insist on night fishing Kish, I recommend a pair of Proline hippers and an Okuma Sierra. Whatever rod you bring, make sure it is cheap, too. You don't want to be mistaken for an outsider. Try putting soft endings on words that end in "ow." Instead of "window," say something like "wind-ah."

This really is good advice to follow.....

And, for the love of god folks, it is a crick okay? Don't be saying creek around here. We definitely won't allow it.

I actual have a degree in English and "crick" is a perfectly acceptable and dictionary approved pronunciation of the word.

Swattie,

Couldn’t agree more. My bad.

I disagree. The "thunk" of a whiffle ball bat is much more satisfying. I think I get better distance with less shrapnel to.

It's been mentioned already and it is FAR from the cheapest option, but I never had so much fun in my fife killing bugs since I got one of these.

It's even more fun than this. ;)

Stay away from night fishing Kish. The last guy they found in the creek pinned to submerged roots of a large Sycamore clearly still had his fancy Simms waders on and an expensive Fish Pond chest pack. He was cleaned out, took his wallet everything. It appears a truncheon was the end of him......unfortunate, really......

As I said, we are a crime-ridden, depressed area. You really don't want to take any chances......Centre County is much more affluent with safer streams and more wild trout.... it is a much, much better option.

If you insist on night fishing Kish, I recommend a pair of Proline hippers and an Okuma Sierra. Whatever rod you bring, make sure it is cheap, too. You don't want to be mistaken for an outsider. Try putting soft endings on words that end in "ow." Instead of "window," say something like "wind-ah."

This really is good advice to follow.....
Wait are you serious there was a straight up murder/bludgeoning on the Kish with a body found in the water??????

Wait are you serious there was a straight up murder/bludgeoning on the Kish with a body found in the water??????
No, it was a tall-tale. But plenty of dead people have been found in Kish during my lifetime. Usually from drugs/alcohol and hypothermia.

There was a murder with a body found in the Juniata last year, though....... In Miff Co

Gladly trade a wet weekend for water in May.

But guys, we can't have too much rainy weather right now. I'll have queen bees hatching that will need to get mated. Seriously, this is the week I  didn't want rain.

Just following up on this thread. Seems like really dry up until the big flush in last days of April......back to really dry in most places into mid June.

Over the last week of very humid weather, storms all over but not everyone seemed to get hit. Here, north of Harrisburg, we've had several gully washers in the past week.

Seems like the big J, Lewistown to Newport has been getting hit very regularly. More flow now than in May !!
Also looks like triangle of Scranton, E Stroudsburg and Allentown has gotten a good soaking regularly.

You guys north central getting some of the liquid gold? I know you were getting skipped by much of it earlier this year.

Back