Big PA Brown

This thread is HILARIOUS!!!!

Nice fish and photo. As long as it wasn't caught on a tenkara. If that's the case, then this fish is just wannabe Japanese hipster trash.

Ryan-

The tippet comment was not a shot at you (or the op) I enjoy both of your posts. I keep my tippet spools in my vest, or waders. I'm pretty unorganized, but I probably have that much on me also. Sorry about that, didn't mean to pile on.

ryansheehan wrote:
BrookieChaser wrote:
ryansheehan wrote:
So before the bashing continues check out troutbitten.com

Because having a blog contradicts everything Foxtrapper, or Krayfish, brought up?

Well geez since they think a blog is a "look how special I am" I guess he should stop writing it. Do what makes you happy but maybe once in a while think outside the box, you just might learn something.

The argument of "They have a blog. They can't be seeking attention" is counterintuitive to whatever point you're arguing.

Since you brought it up (to me I assume), if "bookface internet blog approval seeking" is what's outside the box, no thanks. I'll keep thinking inside the box and keep enjoying nature just for the opportunity to interact with more of the biotic community that I'm a part of.

Meow!

In case someone got lost, this is a fly fishing forum and not the View. I encourage people share their fly fishing experiences and photos, too.

Lol dkile! My thoughts on this also.

moon1284 wrote:
Ryan-

The tippet comment was not a shot at you (or the op) I enjoy both of your posts. I keep my tippet spools in my vest, or waders. I'm pretty unorganized, but I probably have that much on me also. Sorry about that, didn't mean to pile on.

It's all good, I don't mind people giving me greif, god knows I deserve it, but the tippet seems low on the list!

BrookieChaser wrote:
ryansheehan wrote:
BrookieChaser wrote:
ryansheehan wrote:
So before the bashing continues check out troutbitten.com

Because having a blog contradicts everything Foxtrapper, or Krayfish, brought up?

Well geez since they think a blog is a "look how special I am" I guess he should stop writing it. Do what makes you happy but maybe once in a while think outside the box, you just might learn something.

The argument of "They have a blog. They can't be seeking attention" is counterintuitive to whatever point you're arguing.

Since you brought it up (to me I assume), if "bookface internet blog approval seeking" is what's outside the box, no thanks. I'll keep thinking inside the box and keep enjoying nature just for the opportunity to interact with more of the biotic community that I'm a part of.

To each his own, I will continue to enjoy them and you can not read them.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Lol dkile! My thoughts on this also.

Me too. Unless, again, it's tenkara. Because this is a fly fishing forum, not a cane pole fishing forum ;-)

"...the master of all things fishing, foxtrapper."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. The master commands all ye camera killers to cease.

You know all that posing with fish can't be doing the fish any good. And don't think we are falling for the way you gently hold them in the carefully selected pic you publish. We know at one time or another you squeezed the #censor# out of the trout so it couldn't get away. All because you needed to get that perfect shot.

I know of this one big fish that has been caught and photoed a fair amount of times. He just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

foxtrapper1972 wrote:

You know all that posing with fish can't be doing the fish any good. And don't think we are falling for the way you gently hold them in the carefully selected pic you publish. We know at one time or another you squeezed the #censor# out of the trout so it couldn't get away. All because you needed to get that perfect shot.

I think you need some time away from the computer and more time on the stream.

allan_s wrote:
foxtrapper1972 wrote:

I think you need some time away from the computer and more time on the stream.

Seriously....

I'm 100% for keepin em wet and safe fish handling but there is a line, if your that worried about it don't fish at all. I'm pretty sure not fishing at all is much better for the fish then trying to catch them anyways...

And on top of that, I don't take pictures of my fish, but if I did catch one that big, yes I'd take a picture of it, and yes its 100% possible to take a picture quickly without "squeezing the $it out of it".

It can be done..

Foxtrapper...

Have you ever seen a survey done by means of electroshocking?

You would $hit yourself, and or have a heartattack. Probobly both.

Trout aren't as dainty as you think...

JF_ wrote:
Here's a remedy, if you don't like pics of fish being posted, big or small, or sharing of fishing experiences, then don;t read them, and don;t freakin' comment about it.

This site was developed, in part, to share things like that.

incredible....

Yeah man. Not really getting the evolution of this thread.

It went from nice fish, to the camera angle makes it look big, to it's stocked so not that nice, to better then a gemmie, to if you take a picture of a fish your an a$$hole. Jeez.

"It can be done.. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No doubt it can. Here's the thing. The constant need to document fish (and everything for that matter) is something new to the sport. Everybody immediately is grabbing for the phone/camera before the fish is even in the net. And although SOME people are careful MANY are not. Let's not pretend taking pictures of fish is always completely harmless. Part of the reason some of us get into flyfishing is to be responsible stewards of the fish. Either you subscribe to that ethic or you don't. If you feel the need to grip and grin have at it.

Maybe a post on proper fish handling/photographing is in order. I don't know.

These threads tend to take on a life of their own. Everyone has an opinion. We all aren't cheerleaders for the status quo.

Part of the reason some of us get into flyfishing is to be responsible stewards of the fish. Either you subscribe to that ethic or you don't.

Fishing, of any type is a blood sport. Period.

We're all harassing these fish for our enjoyment. Beyond the fishes, how many dead animals does it take to tie your favorite fly? I count four to tie up a Royal Wulff....how far you wanna take it?

Either accept that or don't. If you truly want to be a 'responsible steward' and climb on that high horse of yours, then please hang up your rod and go join up with PETA.

Lots of grey areas in this sport, glass houses and all that, who are you to judge?

"No doubt it can. Here's the thing. The constant need to document fish (and everything for that matter) is something new to the sport. Everybody immediately is grabbing for the phone/camera before the fish is even in the net. And although SOME people are careful MANY are not. Let's not pretend taking pictures of fish is always completely harmless. Part of the reason some of us get into flyfishing is to be responsible stewards of the fish. Either you subscribe to that ethic or you don't. If you feel the need to grip and grin have at it."

Ok but let's not pretend that taking pictures of fish is ALWAYS harmful. Moreover, let's not pretend if you do take a picture, you are are no longer a responsible steward anymore.

foxtrapper1972 wrote:
"It can be done.. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No doubt it can. Here's the thing. The constant need to document fish (and everything for that matter) is something new to the sport. Everybody immediately is grabbing for the phone/camera before the fish is even in the net. And although SOME people are careful MANY are not. Let's not pretend taking pictures of fish is always completely harmless. Part of the reason some of us get into flyfishing is to be responsible stewards of the fish. Either you subscribe to that ethic or you don't. If you feel the need to grip and grin have at it.

Maybe a post on proper fish handling/photographing is in order. I don't know.

These threads tend to take on a life of their own. Everyone has an opinion. We all aren't cheerleaders for the status quo.

Did you not read what I said man?
That's not an average fish he took a picture of.. I can see your concern if it was a thread of a day of fishing with 30 pictures of small trout, but its an unusually large fish and your kind of blowing it out of proportion bringing all this safe handling issues into it.

Nobody is saying that taking pictures of fish is always completely harmless...You brought the topic up on a picture of one, larger than average fish.. there was no reason to come in all high and mighty and sprout off about safe fish handling, we all get it.

For you to assume that he squeezed the $hit out of the fish is a bit of an overreach, you have no idea what happened, you are assuming, and for no reason.

Your concerns on safe handling and documentation of fish are real concerns, and everyone should be aware of it, fish handling has came along way, remember that back in the day there was no "catch and release" for the most part. People kept fish, that's why they had creels. So you saying that fish handling is "new" is 100% false, people not only used to handle, but plain out keep many of the fish they caught. Fish handling has came along way - rubber nets ect..

Don't act like this is some kind of tragedy that someone took a picture of a nice fish, because its NOT.

And for the record, I liked the original pic. Pretty much recognized the photog right away, he's got a good eye, good technique and produces some fine images, something to aspire to, kudos.

Back