Bad news for virginia

This reminded me, wonder what the story was to that mountain of rainbow trout that got discarded on gamelands a few months back? I don’t recall anything else about that. Another hatchery disease outbreak where the fish had to be euthanized?
Yea I think someone knows what happened with that hatchery dump but they’re trying to keep it under wraps. I can’t think of why mountains of rotting rainbow trout would be secretly dumped in piles in a remote location in the woods.

Bam,
You'll be hard pressed to find better bait for your mink and raccoon traps than brookies. Flatheads also have a weak spot for them.

I also found this really neat "Great Trout Fishing Organization" sticker for you fanatical native types

Attachments

• 1089225250174402562.jpg
    1089225250174402562.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 25
Think about all the tens of millions of dollars, past and future disease spread, harmful impact to cold water ecosystems, carbon footprint/transport, menhaden dredged and taken from stripers and other saltwater fish for trout pellets, and pollution from hatcheries themselves in terms if nitrogen and phosphorus and the money spent to lessen that. People don’t realize how ridiculous this process is.

So some may call fertilizing with invasive fish wanton waste, even though its not, but by the time you drag a 1 mile wide net over the Chesapeake get take the herring and menhaden out(that humans could consume), feed them to fish that large amounts of will not be consumed and cause all the other harms above, whos wasting now?

Last edited:
^This.

I am still confused about people being mad about trout being used for fertilizer when the individual doing this followed harvest protocol and can do with said fish what they want to do with them. The trout are killed either way if consumed or used for fertilizer. Are people mad that those fish didn't see time at the dinner table? Who cares? Personally I think fertilizer is a better use for stocked trout as they are quite bland tasting creatures that require 27 herbs and spices to give them flavor (the herbs and spices exceed the weight of said fish being cooked during said process).

Tossing fish up on the bank is wanton waste done out of attrition or a dislike for a particular species. That mentality is childish and nonsensical. You know what though, from the PFBC standpoint I think it'd be pretty rad if they electroshocked all native trout waters and replaced them with stocked fish. With the eradication of said natives there would no longer be any debates for the betterment of the species because they won't exist. Heck, they could rewrite history and state that brook trout were a myth.

Yea I am sure our dying off from death by 1000 cuts striper population and salt water guide association loves hatcheries keeping Omega Protein in business taking away the most fat/calorie rich food stripers eat. Protect those hatcheries from the crazy elitists who think this all isn’t worth it so you can catch a rubbery stocked rainbow and say its for kids and the disabled.

So let's back track a bit.

I'm confused about people advocating for native fish species as being snobs and elitists. So caring about the environment makes you a snob/elitist? Ummm... ok.

I also am still confused why people don't understand the difference in conservation and fishing preferences?

So far I have yet to hear one logical explanation for how stocked trout are a benefit other than that people want to fish for them and apparently some people (not me) believe that handicapped/disabled people are inadequate at fishing for wild/native fish and need stocked fish to benefit their quality of life.

I'll take this as a big WIN for the brookie-loving trifecta. We did it boys, que the music..

Last edited:
^This.

I am still confused about people being mad about trout being used for fertilizer when the individual doing this followed harvest protocol and can do with said fish what they want to do with them. The trout are killed either way if consumed or used for fertilizer. Are people mad that those fish didn't see time at the dinner table? Who cares? Personally I think fertilizer is a better use for stocked trout as they are quite bland tasting creatures that require 27 herbs and spices to give them flavor (the herbs and spices exceed the weight of said fish being cooked during said process).

Tossing fish up on the bank is wanton waste done out of attrition or a dislike for a particular species. That mentality is childish and nonsensical. You know what though, from the PFBC standpoint I think it'd be pretty rad if they electroshocked all native trout waters and replaced them with stocked fish. With the eradication of said natives there would no longer be any debates for the betterment of the species because they won't exist. Heck, they could rewrite history and state that brook trout were a myth.
It’s the C&R campaign. Everyone was led to believe that you need to C&R ALL trout. I see this all the time with people chastising others online for poor handling of yellow trout or criticizing people for harvesting their limit of stockers. A lot of folks think they’re put in the streams to create new populations.

So let's back track a bit.

I'm confused about people advocating for native fish species as being snobs and elitists. So caring about the environment makes you a snob/elitist? Ummm... ok.

I also am still confused why people don't understand the difference in conservation and fishing preferences?

So far I have yet to hear one logical explanation for how stocked trout are a benefit other than that people want to fish for them and apparently handicapped/disabled people are inadequate at fishing for wild/native fish and need stocked fish to benefit their quality of life because there totally aren't other hobbies than fishing that they could also partake in.

I'll take this as a big WIN for the brookie-loving trifecta. We did it boys, que the music..
apparently handicapped/disabled people are inadequate at fishing for wild/native fish and need stocked fish to benefit their quality of life because there totally aren't other hobbies than fishing that they could also partake in.

What an absolute ugly thing to say about the Handicapped!

I also found this really neat "Great Trout Fishing Organization" sticker for you fanatical native types
I found one for the other types!

Attachments

• entilte-people-dont-see-their-own-jerkholery.jpg
    entilte-people-dont-see-their-own-jerkholery.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 18
^This.

I like to turn it around on them. Instead of them needing me to give the 27 herbs and spices, they give me 27 herbs and spices.

apparently handicapped/disabled people are inadequate at fishing for wild/native fish and need stocked fish to benefit their quality of life because there totally aren't other hobbies than fishing that they could also partake in.

What an absolute ugly thing to say about the Handicapped!
Your initial post, #16 indicated that handicapped/disabled people needed stocked fish. For what reason I am unsure, but I interpreted that as you stating that they were not capable to pursue these fish due to their disabilities. That is my own interpretation.

My own belief in fishing is that an angler can either hack it or they can't, because that's how nature works. I don't belief in subsidies or hand outs. If you are implying that I said that handicapped/disabled people can't fish for wild/native fish due to their disabilities that is something that YOU implied, not me. People can fish how they want. My stance is I hate stocking as a whole due to the financial and environmental impact.

The fact that you are trying to discredit me by misquoting me is sad and desperate. You already lost the debate on comment 16, but insisted on digging your grave deeper with each comment. If this were a race you'd have a blown engine on lap 1 and the rest of us would have crossed the finish line hours ago. This is your come to Jesus moment, take the L, do some research and reform your stances on hatchery involvement. I hold no hard feelings or ill will towards you and wish you the best.

Wait... People actually take pictures of the banana trout? Gross..
I think PFBC should switch to 100% yellow trout. People love them and they’re more likely to be caught or consumed by wildlife. Everybody wins.

I think PFBC should switch to 100% yellow trout. People love them and they’re more likely to be caught or consumed by wildlife. Everybody wins.
I do too. I ironically have many fruit plants that might benefit from this.

Your initial post, #16 indicated that handicapped/disabled people needed stocked fish. For what reason I am unsure, but I interpreted that as you stating that they were not capable to pursue these fish due to their disabilities. That is my own interpretation.

My own belief in fishing is that an angler can either hack it or they can't, because that's how nature works. I don't belief in subsidies or hand outs. If you are implying that I said that handicapped/disabled people can't fish for wild/native fish due to their disabilities that is something that YOU implied, not me. People can fish how they want. My stance is I hate stocking as a whole due to the financial and environmental impact.

The fact that you are trying to discredit me by misquoting me is sad and desperate. You already lost the debate on comment 16, but insisted on digging your grave deeper with each comment. If this were a race you'd have a blown engine on lap 1 and the rest of us would have crossed the finish line hours ago. This is your come to Jesus moment, take the L, do some research and reform your stances on hatchery involvement. I hold no hard feelings or ill will towards you and wish you the best.
Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking. I said that the handicapped may not be able to access native trout streams. " you may want to re read you statement.
"apparently handicapped/disabled people are inadequate at fishing for wild/native fish and need stocked fish to benefit their quality of life because there totally aren't other hobbies than fishing that they could also partake in."

Truly ugly, disgusting and lacking compassion for the handicapped!

Think about all the tens of millions of dollars, past and future disease spread, harmful impact to cold water ecosystems, carbon footprint/transport, menhaden dredged and taken from stripers and other saltwater fish for trout pellets, and pollution from hatcheries themselves in terms if nitrogen and phosphorus and the money spent to lessen that. People don’t realize how ridiculous this process is.

So some may call fertilizing with invasive fish wanton waste, even though its not, but by the time you drag a 1 mile wide net over the Chesapeake get take the herring and menhaden out(that humans could consume), feed them to fish that large amounts of will not be consumed and cause all the other harms above, whos wasting now?
No answer to this one yet just personal attacks and slinging the word “elitist” around inappropriately when we are talking about conservation.

Your reading comprehension is obviously lacking. I said that the handicapped may not be able to access native trout streams. " you may want to re read you statement.
"apparently handicapped/disabled people are inadequate at fishing for wild/native fish and need stocked fish to benefit their quality of life because there totally aren't other hobbies than fishing that they could also partake in."

Truly ugly, disgusting and lacking compassion for the handicapped!
The word "apparently" in my own sentence implies that SOMEONE ELSE believes that handicapped disabled people are not capable of fishing in environments that hold wild/native fish. I could have constructed that better, my b.

Again, I believe people can fish how they want to and where they want to but I don't believe that fish should be stocked to make them easier to access because the financial losses and environmental losses do not make up for the ultra-marginal gain this would have. A lot of wild brown trout creeks are accessible in the first place and people with physical limitations could use a boat where it is permitted.

Back